Little paradise is literally just that - a small bit of paradise! Our short vacation (with kids and grandparents) was a very pleasant one.
- Within walking distance of the beach. Conveniently situated on the main road, but due to low traffic and the house being well away from the road, the rooms are very quiet.
- Well appointed and very well kept rooms/apartments. Spacious, perfectly maintained bathrooms with luxurious fittings (which is a relative rarity for homestays).
- Excellent hosts : I noticed that Mr. Joseph (who is actually Dr. Joseph, a retired college principal) is mentioned in more than half of the reviews here! He is not your average homestay host who shows you the room and then disappears without a trace. Information about places to visit, taxis or autos, Home cooked food, any special requests... the host family is really friendly and accessible.
- However, if it is privacy that you need, then Little Paradise is perfect for that too since the apartments/bedrooms are all individual access.
- If you are opting for an apartment unit, it comes with a well equipped kitchenette containing an induction stove, refrigerator (normal sized. not a mini fridge), convenient kitchen sink and counter tops. They also provide you a mixer if you need one. This is so convenient if you are travelling with kids.
- You have access to the terrace roof for drying clothes (this is another important convenience when travelling with kids)
- They have an Ayurveda Physician available on call. So if you are staying for a week and have any old injury pains or joint aches, do try out the treatment during your stay.
Thank you Little Paradise for a lovely stay. We'll definitely be back.
I had stayed here for 3 nights in March and must stay I was highly satisfied. Mr. Joseph the owner was very courteous and nice man. He would leave no stone unturned to make the stay comfortable for his guests. The property was very well maintained and clean. You have a spacious 3 bedded bedroom with attached bath, a cosy balcony, a bid living room with kitchen. Overall we had a very good and comfortable stay.
We stayed at Mr.Joseph's place for 1 night.The rooms had all the amenities as mentioned by him. We had a pleasant stay. Mr.Joseph was a very helpful host. But the only matter of concern was the breakfast served by him.We did not relish the breakfast. But the overall experience of our stay was pleasant.I would definitely recommend everybody visiting Kovalam to halt at his place as the house was very clean, neat and tidy.
We stayed here for 4 weeks over the Christmas period. The homestay is very comfortable and clean. Joseph and his family are very welcoming and made the stay very enjoyable. The apartment comes with a kitchenette, seating area, table and chairs etc. The bedroom has air conditioning and ceiling fans in the kitchen area. It's about a 10-15 minute walk tot the beach, there is a small shop opposite and cash machines very close by. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here when we next visit Kerala.
Vacationed with my family for a week at Little Paradise Homestay. Our host (Mr Joseph) was unassuming and always available for help. Our apartment was well maintained even as we arrived well before check in time . He arranged all our taxi bookings to all getaways near Kovalam and that too with a polite driver at the wheel. Also gave valuable inputs about places to visit and what was to be avoided. Location wise it is about five hundred meters from the beach with auto's available all the time. More importantly it has a serene environment around where you can take a leisurely walk and interact with people.
All in all Mr Joseph is doing a great job maintaining the property and also providing a quality stay to visitors.
Recommended for people who want to get away from the maddening crowds and seek a tranquil place to stay at Kovalam.
Just a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a home stay option. A nicely built Bunglow with Well maintained , hygienic spacious rooms with AC, TV, Set Top Box, WiFi, Hot Water and a separate dining and Kitchen area with refrigerator, microwave, gas cooking top, hot plate and utensils. The Bunglow has plenty of trees and adds to its charm. The ATM is just next door. Road touch but still peaceful and close to the beaches and places of interest. Easy to carry your luggage unlike most places here due to the elevations and slopes. The place is owned and run by highly educates people with an extremely welcoming nature unlike some hotels in tourist town who can't even understand what you are saying. As a policy they ensure they only entertain clients of good standing so its a good place for families. All in all a good place to be and enjoy the town and it's surrounding and have a good time.