“Good View”

Jeevan Beach Resort
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed April 29, 2014

View from the rooms is pretty good, book the rooms with sea view. Rest rooms are bad. The restaurant of the hotel is on the side of a beach, view is even the best from the restaurant. Food and room service is not so great, For the view i would give 4/5..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Booked 17 nights through agoda for £450. Room was at rear of Hotel with poor view so upgraded to sea view for extra £85. Hotel was good value for money but the pool was out of operation for almost our entire visit for repairs.Breakfast was fruit juice coffee toast boiled egg. Not always ready at 8.30
Good points
Right on sea front
Value for money
Helpful Staff
Clean Rooms / Cleaned well each day
Bad Points
Pool Out of action
Rooms at rear of hotel have very poor view

Room Tip: Choose or upgrade to rooms at front
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2014

No TV was available
No phone was available for Room service
Room was no clean

It was total bad experience for me, they had not provided even phone for room service,

Only location is good other all are bad

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Ankit_Pune86
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Visited Kovalam and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at their supposedly best room called 'pearl sea view with terrace'... On entering the room, realized that the room is not used much... No TV, bathroom in dirty conditions, junkyard right in front of the room... This after paying pretty steep amount per night ! The adjacent room in the same category looked in better shape relatively and was being vacated ... Called the manager to check if we could shift there... The manager told we were originally booked in that room but was given the other room as we wanted to check in a bit early... He promised that we will be shifted to that room as soon as the room is cleaned up.... After an hour later i realized that a Russian family has moved in... On checking again he said sorry that family will stay longer and hence given that room.. He then offered me another room which is cheaper and doesn't have any terrace etc.. Well, do i call it cheating and being unethical on their part? Absolutely.... Well, what did i know... That was just the beginning of our bad experiences in that hotel... Service was extremely poor... Food was bad too.... The only good thing about the hotel is its location... However, there are many other hotels in that lighthouse beach stretch... As every bit of experience in that hotel was mood spoiling, we pretty much spent as much of time on the beach or in other restaurants around that place as we could... So much for booking the best room with sea view and terrace to have a relaxing holiday experience... My recommendation: this hotel is absolutely avoidable. There are many other options and based on my feedback from other guests those seemed far better.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Niladri_Chakrabarti
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On the plus side, the location of the hotel is excellent and I enjoyed chatting to some of the staff who were very friendly and helped arrange a trip to Kanyakumari. My driver for the trip to Kanyakumari was also a pleasure to deal with.

However, the rest of my stay was awful:
1. Despite arranging in advance, no driver was sent to pick me up at the airport. When it became obvious that nobody was there to meet me, I had to call reception to clarify the position and I was asked to get a prepaid cab from the airport. I found this pre paid taxi trip terrifying as the driver of this cab was not capable of undertaking the task properly
2. When I did arrive I was told my room would be 'ready in 10 minutes'. I was shown to my room more than 1 hour later.
3. Despite clarifying in advance, the wifi in my room was almost non existent and kept cutting out. I had to go elsewhere and pay for reasonable signal.
4. On arrival in my room, it was obvious that the toilet seat was not attached as it came off in my hand. The water pressure from the shower and tap was also intermittent at best.
5. Amazingly my room was not serviced on the Sunday despite me being out for the entire day.
6. The breakfast provided was covered in flies and was what I consider to be inedible.
7. Despite arranging the price of a taxi back to the airport in advance, the hotel tried to charge me extra on the day.

I was very much looking forward to my first trip to Kovalam but the disappointment of my accommodation has soured my whole trip to India. I do not feel in anyway that I received the 'best services' I was assured of in the email correspondence I had with the hotel in advance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank RobMedz
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We ended up staying here longer than we expected, due some illness. Staff are very friendly. Pool is poorly kept and dirty most of the time, due to no rules about people wearing dirty clothes in the pool. Room service, when really needed was marginal, food below average. Location is great. Rooms clean, at least ours was. Can be noisy from the pool, due to where it is located.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb H
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel for a 3 night stay and were greeted by very friendly reception staff... And that is where the niceness ended. Breakfasts were cold and they could not provide toast! Aircon on the other hand was not cold. Towels were dirty as were the rooms and it took 12 hours to give us fresh towels when asked several time. The swimming pool is dangerous (missing tiles and no cover on the water filters) and they decided to pile up the sun loungers so they were not useable while they painting.There was some work going in during our stay, which is fine and would not bother us had they not been drilling and hammering until 2am. Phone calls to reception did nothing to stop this and made no apology for keeping us awake until I walked out and shouted at the workers. Will not be coming back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends