We stayed here for 7 days during our travels around Kerala, our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool on a B&B basis. The room was a good size, clean, we had fridge, tv, fan and air con, the beds were comfortable with thicker matresses than you normally find in india, they offer a laudry service also. The staff at reception are excellent, I needed to see a doctor, they arranged for one of the boy's to take us to the hotel's own rickshaw which took us to the local doctor and there was no charge for this.
The restaurant was fairly priced, a good selection of food, the staff were all very friendly, service was sometimes a bit slow at breakfast even when we were the only people there but nothing to complain about, generous portions whenever you ate there.
If you are looking for excellent vegetarian food do go behind the main resort front, there are several alleways, the pathway at the side of the Jeevan leads to the Lonely Planet restaurant, they serve the best vegetarain food we tasted in our 3 weeks of travelling and we ate there frequently (we are not vegetarian). One restaurant to avoid on the beach front is the Spice Garden, terrible service and bland food.
We would be more than happy to stay at the Jeevan again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jeevan Beach Resort The Jeevan Beach Resort hosts tourists at the heart of Kovalam “the paradise of south India.” Kovalam is an internationally renowned beach with three adjacent crescent beaches. It has been a favorite haunt of tourists, especially Europeans, since the 1970s. A massive rocky promontory on the beach has created a beautiful bay of calm waters ideal for sea bathing. The resort offers accommodation in 48 rooms of 7 categories. It has a swimming pool attached with children pool. It has a multi cuisine restaurant facing the sea. We have a Beer and Wine Parlour with snooker table. It also has a roof top yard provides a best sun set view point and a space to relax and sun bath at the beach away from the folk. Each rooms has own modern bathroom, TV, fridge, intercom, and free wifi. Pearl Sea View with terrace, Exotic sea view and Bay watch has the facility for seeing the sun set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Jeevan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jeevan Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Jeevan Beach Resort Kovalam, Kerala