Stayed at the UDS for two weeks in March 09, we had rooms 832/831 in the new block very large beds which was a major bonus!! but our room was very damp, and hotel could not move us, we had balconys that faced onto the back of hotel so view not very interesting, breakfasts, plenty of choice, toast,eggs,omlettes, buffet selections ie. pancakes, etc etc. Pools were lovely, plenty of beds,hotel grounds very well kept, and public areas very comfortable, room cleaning very good, but just found it very impersonal, and the staff although very polite, appeared dis-interested and Reka ghe hostess, i'm afraid got on my nerves!!, but really cant complain on the quality of hotel.
We visited quite a few restaurants, locally walk through the grounds to 'beach area' and the one we most enjoyed was 3rd Rock, food was always excellent, and JJ very helpful, the waters edge was ok too, but found that more expensive, also went to the Lobster pot, again good food, but more of a trek, walk psst the previously named eateries, over the steps, you come to the little bay, and continue walking upwards (take a torch), we also went to Molly's and although had mixed reviews on the forum, we had some really good meals, service was good, and food excellent, we also went down to Lighthouse beach, our favourite's there were Rock cafe, Fusion, German Bakery,
Down on the beach we found most comfortable sunbeds were with Sunny, opposite Rock cafe, just as you turn into Lighthouse beach(250RP), also the little bay by UDS hotel, which was much quiter, so hope this info helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UDS located at the famed beaches of Kovalam, just 15 meters from the sea, is an exclusive 4 Star leisure beach hotel& Spa - a destination by itself. The setting, facilities, people, spa, cuisine and its whole philosophy is dedicated to your personal wellness in a luxurious environment. Just by being at UDS-one of the finest hotels in kovalam, your stresses start to flutter away; the landscaping has its own serenity, a harmony of a defined architecture, spacious lawns, blue water pools and soaring coconut grooves all set in four tranquil acres by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Uday Samudra Beach
- Uday Samudra Beach Hotel
- Uday Samudra Beach Thiruvananthapuram Trivandrum
- Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa Kovalam, Kerala