“Lovely big resort almost touching sea with great amenities- family loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa

Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Kovalam
New Delhi, India
“Lovely big resort almost touching sea with great amenities- family loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

It was a big resort & nice place to chill out. The backside of hotel almost touches the sea. Nice staff & service was good. The rooms were simple & decent. It has three swimming pools, health club & dental clinic.
What we liked the best
1. Swimming pool with bar & food
2. Sea almost touching the resort
3. Sunset watching in the evening with sun getting engulfed in sea
4. Restaurant/Food.
5. Hospitality of staff especially the restaurant staff
What we liked the least
1. Rooms were simple & average(where I stayed)

Room Tip: Rooms facing swimming pool/sea are the best but they bring noise too. Rooms on first floor will have...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhushan-Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Greek first
Ghaziabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I went to Kerala with family in March 2011 and stayed at this hotel for a night. We checked in around 5 PM after a long road journey from Thekkady. As per our request we were give two sea facing rooms which were quite neat and tidy. The hotel is right on the beach and therefore we could enjoy the sea in the evening & night also. We ordered our food in the rooms and enjoyed the same. The service was good through out our stay. Next day we enjoyed the beach in the morning and later I took my son to the swimming pools - interestingly the hotel has 3 pools and my son made sure we took few laps in all the three pools. Wished we had more time to explore the place more. All in all a good hotel and I will recommend this hotel for the family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Located on the samudra beach (approx 2 KM from kovallam beach), it is a great resort with 5* amenities. The food quality is excellent and most important that it is available round the clock. The beach is not crowded and also provides privacy to certain extent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RJ17N
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days during August 2011. It is a good hotel with very good views. Hotel has 3 pools and one of them is under renovation. Service is very good and staff is courteous. Only issue I found was the food which is average in quality and quantity. I had breakfast and dinner in my package.
Rooms are decent, not comparable to 5 stars but my room has excellent ocean view. Since the hotel charges are half of what nearby Leela or Taj has, I found it good value for money. If you are looking for true luxury then this is not the hotel for you.
I used the spa and found it decent.
This is a budget hotel with good pool, good private beach and good service.
If you have any question then email me about the same.

Room Tip: Ask for Top floor rooms with ocean view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank waytoris
GUJARAT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

hotel is located at sea shore but after sunami, they have made protection wall hence the beauty of beach is killed and its very dangerous to reach the beach area particularly for kids. while any group is check in , the staff is not taking care for individuals which is first impression of hotel as negative.the food is good but again for room service , take care to get the same in time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SHAHGujarat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we felt a warm, friendly and professional welcome. This was in the middle of the night (infact around 4.30 am. Sarath was at reception and was welcoming and helpful. He proved to be absolutely excellent during the whole time of our stay. All the staff at the hotel were charming and helpful. Shijina was extremely attentive to our needs and checked regularly whether we needed anything.
Being the low season we had the pleasure of a few quiet days in beautiful, relaxing surroundings.
We would strongly recommend Uday Samudra Beach hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arm58
Udaipur, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

After looking at fabulous reviews for this hotel I decided to book it for my friends birthday. When we entered the hotel it looked fabulous and tats about where it ended. The welcome was good and so was the lobby. The room dissapointing. tea and coffe faclity in room with plastic spoons, not something you expect from a hotel of this grade. No slippers, bathing robes. Safe which wasn't working, somebody came after two reminders and finally got it working. Breakfast was a real dissapointment. All bakery items were cold and kept cold with a fan blowing on them. Not used to cold croissants or muffins in morning. No orange juice with breakfast. After breakfast we went to the pool at about 9.30 and the attendant said there were no towels available. I sat on one of the sun beds and after about 20-25 mins one of the western lady guest arrived and the attendant came running with two towels. When I looked at him he came to me and said ok I'm just getting towels for you. The T.V. wont work whole day as there was some problem with their cable service provider. I still dont get it that hotel like this actually depend on local cable operators like this. Most of the hotels we've stayed in before actually have DTH operators. My phone wotn work and I went to reception twice to ask them to fix it, after about 5 hours and two visits to reception somebody came to the room to fix it. Called housekeeping before leaving for breakfast to clean the room and they arrived about 4 hrs later to do so.
No attendants availlable in the gym or spa. Took them 30 mins to send me the balls and cue stick for the pool table, only to find that they only had one cue available.

Well I am not normally the kind of person who like to complain but I have had enough of this place. I'm actually sitting in the hotel room writing this review. I've only spend just over a day here and I am FED up. I have travelled worldwide and stayed in hotels ranging from 1 * to 5* and they all have their good and bads and I know them. But this one exceeds in bads. So unfortunately I would not recommend this one.
Now also not to forget the location. yes it is on the beach and as it looks in the pictures, BUT you cannot really use that beach atleast we couldn't, the water was very rough and not enough place to sit or swim. We were told that we'd have to walk down about a KM or so to find a suitable beach. Not to mention that beaches were dirty.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends