Stayed in the 2 bedroomed pool villa for 4 nights. It was excellent. The whole hotel had a luxurious feel and we particularly liked the Bait restaurant with the kids loving the pizzas! Big as it was hovever after a day or two it began to feel a little stifling and I found myself longing for a bit of real India again.
To satisfy this a short walk out of the gates there are many local shops to look round and a short walk takes you to Samundra beach where you can watch the fishermen in the mornings or paddle in the sea. I would recommend the tailors just outside the hotel gates.
Kovalam beach was a short taxi ride away with many more shops and people and a lively atmosphere but had VERY persistant street sellers which spoied it a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove, Kovalam, is delightful in many ways. While to some it is one of the finest beach resorts in Kerala, to others it is an amazing backwater retreat. And there are those that love it for its hill resort layout. Now it's all that and more. There's a nice new buzz all over. In the renewed cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the high energy bar, and the spa where you'll go Ah! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Indian Hotels Company Limited, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Green Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kovalam Hotel Kovalam
- Taj Green Cove Hotel
- Taj Green Cove Kovalam
- Taj Green Cove Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Green Cove Kovalam, Kerala