All reviews like coming home healing center private beach yoga lessons ayurvedic food sea breeze kovalam beach orphanage ayurveda treatment paradise dosha pools health resort india detox
Reviewed November 30, 2015

After very busy days in New Delhi and Mumbai we're finding ourselves surrounded by a tropical heaven on earth.
The highly motivated staff (in particular James and Thanku from the reception) is always (even when arriving with a delayed flight at 2am) there to welcome you and help you out.
You can sit open air in the restaurant situated on a cliff, having a candlelight-dinner and look at the little lights of fishermen boats floating over the sea. As there is a huge variety of individually created rooms, everybody should find the room corresponding to his needs. As it is a natural paradise, the guests of bethsaida have exclusive access to a calm white, clean beach where they can relax. Even if you only want to have two or three ayuvedic therapies, the doctor will take time for you to evaluate which treatment would be the best. After a one hour oil massage carefully done by two therapists you ll step out of the treatment room, wrapped in a bathing gown, hear the sound of the waves and completely forget all the stressful working days of your life.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

Just came back from a 10-day stay in Bethsaida. Although there are some things to be aware of, the overall experience was absolutely wonderful.

Strong features:
- location: located ideally by the ocean and among the hills, your eye will never be tired of the green trees, flowers and plants carefully take care of by the staff. Feels very close to nature to help you get to the state of mind where small imperfections almost don't matter;
- treatments: I have not had much experience in Ayurveda before but really enjoyed my daily treatments and really nice therapists. Was less impressed with the doctor. Would try Dr Shayna next time, although it may be that this is not strong point of the resort overall. This is a nice place for healthy people who want to get away for a while and just relax;
- food: I generally like the food and it was definitely more than I expected for a detox course;
- yoga: I loved the huge yoga hall facing the sea. It's not some sophisticated yoga but rather a basic stretching, which was just what I needed. I also took private classes to do more advanced asanas.

To keep in mind:

The resort is not a luxury resort, so there will be some things different from a high class hotel. Although they try to keep it clean, it's not a European standard of cleaning (incl towels, treatment rooms etc). The reception is not very responsive. Particularly, a girl who is there in the evenings just never keeps her promises. So, if she doesn't do it in your presence it will never be done (she even managed to keep my friend waiting for 40 min for the keys to her room. She never brought them). Hot water is not a constant flow which may be upsetting when it's raining and a bit chilly outside.

Overall, however, I'd definitely recommend this eco friendly place and would hope to come back in the future.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
5  Thank Oles
Reviewed September 29, 2015

We experienced the most wonderful and unique 7 days of our lives at Bethsaida Hermitage. Not only because of the perfect treatment and beautiful site, but most importantly because of the very kind and caring people working there. We admired everything and by leaving Bethsaida, we left part of our hearts there. Therefore, we have decided to be there again soon!

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms with A/C on the north side are more private.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
6  Thank Mehrnoosh-Khalooghi
Reviewed September 25, 2015

extremely scenic, thought-out infrastructure with a sensation of open spaces, efficient staff. Never felt myself as a foreigner, felt as one who belonged there... Haven't got any DON'Ts...I liked musical evenings and Kathakali(every Wednesday and Saturday), I liked food although sometimes I skipped over main dish in favour of very-very bland diet. I liked the fragrance of flowers, spices. And I liked practising yoga in the mornings. I liked the location of Bethsaida, it is not directly in the village, it's quite a distance from the main road which gives the feeling of a certain degree of privacy...

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are spacious, and the view from there is a knock-out!
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank irina747
Reviewed August 27, 2015

This place is like paradise. Everything from the welcome, the treatments, the view, the nature, the food, the pool, the ocean and of course the best staff i´ve ever had in vacation. We are looking forward to come back soon!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple