The accommodation is spacious with ceiling fans if not air conditioned. Large bathroom and personal terrace with lawn and fantastic sea views across the gardens. The gardens are lush and colourful with lawns and tropical flowers. The staff are all friendly and obliging; the food delicious with a wide range of veggie curries, spicy but not all hot, and chicken and fish too. The pools are perfect with views across the sea to temples as you swim. Tuk tuks and taxis are readily available from the gate and take you to nearby town or to visit sights including the famous temple with the hoard of gold in vaults beneath. I heard the treatments were great from other visitors but didn't sample them myself. We stayed two weeks and the sheet changing was erratic but the household staff were very amenable. Great showers and I was very taken with the bot cleaning hose arrangement why don't we have them in the UK? The yoga was quite hardcore for an oldie despite regular sessions at home but the yoga room was a marvel with a wall of windows open to the sea. I was glad I took ear plugs to dull the pounding of the sea on the private beach but I sleep lightly. I can't recommend it too highly and will be back; it;s good to holiday and think the profits from the organisation are going to the orphanage and training workshops. You should go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayurveda Resort. 5 Residential Doctors 24 x 7, 25 Treatment rooms, 105 guest rooms, Private beach, 2 ocean view restaurants, 2 swimming pools, shop, theater, spa, gym, etc ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bethsaida Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bethsaida Hermitage Hotel Kovalam
- Bethsaida Hermitage Kovalam, Kerala