“The best vacation ever!”

God's Own Country Resorts
Ranked #53 of 82 Kovalam B&B and Inns
“The best vacation ever!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in India for three weeks to do Ayurveda treatment, work on my yoga, and learn more about Indian culture. I loved every moment at God's Own Country Resort. It is hard to say what my favorite part was because all of it was wonderful. I had a great experience with the Ayurveda. The doctor was great and truly concerned and the massage lady was the best I have ever experienced. The food was excellent- very fresh and healthy, at least for me since I was doing treatments. The entire staff helped fulfill my every desire from helping me find tours to setting up cultural activities for me. They treated me like I was the only guest there. I am not sure how the manage to be so amazing even though I know they are so busy. After my three weeks there, I felt so rejuvenated and much healthier. It truly was the best
vacation of my life and this was my 27th country visited.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank CLM1212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Russia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The name itself is self explanatory.I stayed here with a group from Russia from 9th April to 22nd. Every thing here is Great (Gods own country Ayurveda resort),right from the Lobby (Fish pond) to the room,The staff are friendly without being familiar and throughout professional,Manager Joji,and his team made our stay memorable.The rooms are big and beautiful and totally ultra modern,which somehow justifies the money paid for it. The bathrooms are purely luxurious ,and well stocked and has everything you can think of and expect in a 5 Star resort,and then some. .They have thought about everything and provided accordingly.The room service is excellent and so is the food.But what I liked the most is the breakfast buffet complete with all sorts of breakfast items and beverages.Its simply divine ,everything is live,,,you just name it they got it. All in all it is a fine example of a truly international 5 star resort and I can safely say its one of the best resort I have ever. I took Ayurveda which is excellent,beach is walk able distance,very clean pool, defenetly we will be back very soon, we miss you guys !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ELMRussia
us
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful place to relax, this place offers it. Surrounded by natural greenery and short distance from the beach. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable about the local areas and are willing to offer their assistance in any way possible, ask and you shall receive. my stay was with a group of friends from work an it was a prefect way to get away from the everyday stress and find serenity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank k_abeUs
Keller, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed in the Gods Own Country resort for 3 days with family [2 kids]. This resort sits in the middle of natural beauty and has a very nice architecture and wooden interiors. We stayed in one of the thatched roof cottage and the kids loved it. Beach is a short walk and the kids had lot of fun there. We did not do any ayurvedic treatment. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The chef was even willing to make some of my wife's favorite dishes, which sure made her happy!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Biju1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Perhaps this place is better when it is not being run by the skeleton staff - it certainly has potential. We were the only guests at the resort during our stay, and it showed: basic things (internet, TV, power) didn't work, the staff were largely clueless, and the Ayurveda centre - the main reason for staying here - had only a limited selection of services, which for our first booking were cancelled by the hotel (they said due to personnel problems, and were rescheduled for the next day). Nice hotel infrastructure, but the rest needs some work. Prices are high - not commensurate with what you get in return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alyv27
Noida, India
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I along with my wife stayed in this hotel for short duration during the month of March 2012. The place is very serene, calm and close to a beautiful beach, easily walkable from the hotel. They welcomed us with tikka and doing our arti with a Puja Thaal. It was something new and gave a happy feeling. They said that customers are like God for them and that is why they have kept this tradition. I would really recommend to stay in this hotel especially for elderly people, because it is very beautiful and relaxing to stay here. In my entire trip to Kerala I think this was the best hotel I stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family