This was our first stay at The Leela Kovalam and had great expectations of the place and I must say we were not disappointed with it. The very first impression of the resort took our breath away and we were indeed relieved that we were at the right place. It is a breathtaking resort and if you are looking for a resort to just chill, then this is the place to be. Definitely one of the best holidays we have ever gone on so far. Being there with my other half was an exhilarating experience. The whole stay was an enjoyable experience for us. It is a great place to unwind with an excellent beach and comfort.
The resort is a haven of green, superbly landscaped surroundings with rooms and suites dotted around the property and all facing the beach. The interiors are easily one of the strongest points in favour of the resort. The beautifully designed spacious lobby, well spaced benches on the poolside and the clusters of rooms with beautiful waterfalls on all floors, all make for a very soothing and beautiful experience.
The hotel has numerous 'buggies' that ferry guests around the resort. Leela is best to see once the sun has set as an array of lights crop up everywhere giving the place a very heavenly feel. The leela simply looks great in the nights! But I must say I would definitely recommend the place to others and also visit again, maybe.
Rooms: The rooms are tastefully decorated & are very soothing to the mind. It was big enough for us with good closet space and cozy beds. A great bathroom to add to it made it a perfect place to stay.
Service: Well-trained, warm and friendly staff all over the resort added to the delight of our stay here.
Food: The buffet spreads were vast and mouth-watering to say the least. Just that we could not eat everything we wanted, was the loss.
Activity: Not much activity in the resort except for the tennis and badminton courts and the gym.
Just the thought that it will be a long time before we come back here again is very saddening :-(
To Remember: The sounds outside your room are very natural, from the coconut trees dancing in the winds, the sparrows chirping around and finally the waves crashing onto the rocks and the beach below. The service at the seaside was out of the world. I had requested for a private candle light dinner with my love and a special cake to add to it. The settign was perfect in every way and it was a dream come true.
To Forget: Even after calling almost for a week before our arrival, I could not get anyone at Leela to allow me to surprise my better half on arrival with an extra personal touch added to our bedroom (even when I was ready to ay extra).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Raviz Kovalam - Indulgence is an art you will perfect at The Leela Raviz Kovalam while staying in any of our 183 rooms and suites. With a seamless blend of modern technology and traditional grandeur, the soothing décor of each room whispers warm aesthetics. Each room opens out to a breath-taking view of either the ocean or garden. All rooms are provided with luxury amenities to cater to discerning tastes. Unwind with exquisite facilities like an HD LCD television and a broadband connection for hi-speed internet. The Club rooms offer valet services, a gourmet corner with a fine selection of spirits, softdrinks and snacks and have luxurious bathrooms with a walk-in shower and a private infinity pool. Awake to auburn sunrises in the horizon or soak in the sun under azure skies at the infinity pools. Get a taste of the vacation of your dreams at The Leela Raviz Kovalam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Leela Kovalam Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Hotel Kovalam
- The Leela Kempinski Hotel Kovalam
- Hotel Leela Trivandrum
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Kerala