I was in Kovalam for a conference and since my wife decided to accompany me, we booked ouselves in the Leela even though the conference was in some other hotel.
We were given a beach facing room which we felt was a bit small, but the plus point was that it had a nice sit out. But then all the sea facing rooms have it. The main draw back was that since the room was at the far corner, you could hear the Airconditioning plant / Generator buzzing away while seated in the balcony.
The food was quite good though a bit expensive if you order a la catre. The beach restaurant ' Tides ' is a bit more pricier and would suggest you cover your self well because of the mosquitoes which appear as soon as the wind dies down.
If you are there only for 2/3 days I would suggest you take a MAP plan which would include your breakfast and a meal at the Buffet laid out at the Terrace. The food is good and you get a wide choice.
Due to my schedule , we couldn't experience the other facilities offered by the hotel and plan to visit Kovalam in the future , just for a holiday.
Overall I was quite satisfied with the service at all levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Raviz Kovalam - Indulgence is an art you will perfect at The Leela Raviz Kovalam while staying in any of our 183 rooms and suites. With a seamless blend of modern technology and traditional grandeur, the soothing décor of each room whispers warm aesthetics. Each room opens out to a breath-taking view of either the ocean or garden. All rooms are provided with luxury amenities to cater to discerning tastes. Unwind with exquisite facilities like an HD LCD television and a broadband connection for hi-speed internet. The Club rooms offer valet services, a gourmet corner with a fine selection of spirits, softdrinks and snacks and have luxurious bathrooms with a walk-in shower and a private infinity pool. Awake to auburn sunrises in the horizon or soak in the sun under azure skies at the infinity pools. Get a taste of the vacation of your dreams at The Leela Raviz Kovalam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Leela Kovalam Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Hotel Kovalam
- The Leela Kempinski Hotel Kovalam
- Hotel Leela Trivandrum
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Kerala