“Good ambience, location but terrible customer service”
Review of Tandoor

Tandoor
Ranked #51 of 66 Restaurants in Kovalam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

If you are an Indian or Desi or North Indian or a Tourist from any other part of india other than Kerala, please please do not go. The waiter, of short stature takes you for a ride. Your order will be served at the last even if someone came 15 mins later than you, WHY ? Because you are an outsider.
We a hindu joint family of 6 adults visited this place on an evening in October 2013. Ambience was superb but the service was pathetic. We ordered soup and were working on our main course when we found that the others who came later than us got their beef steak before us ;-). Welcome to Tandoor.

I kept my cool since my dad was present and wanted to show my best behavior, Then the soup arrived which was warm if not cold and without salt and made of tomato sauce mixed with hot water as i could see the granules still not dissolved. I politely and gentlemanly asked if this can be made better , so i asked for some salt and pepper. To which this short stature waiter says that if you don't like it is not his problem. Rather than asking me what wrong is he did not even bother to ask what the problem was.

Never mind. I could see other people smoking nearby and it was a nuisance for us since we dont smoke, so we thought it is better to move out and suffer in.

VOLGA just a stone's throw distance from it is much better place to sit, eat and enjoy.

Cheers.

There are newer reviews for Tandoor

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ambition to be a fine Indian restaurant, but it is more affordable to eat on a regular Indian restaurant. They have free wifi but it did not work when we were there.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our custom is to visit a different restaurant each evening to try as wide a variety as possible. However we liked the Tandoor so much we went three times in our 11 night stay! The food was brilliant and we found that one portion of rice and three vegetarian dishes made a delicious and substantial meal. We thoroughly recommend this restaurant but be aware that your food will take time to arrive - it is prepared on your order and is well worth the wait. I f you want fast food you will be disappointed. Get a table at the front of the terrace overlooking the sea.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

When I pointed out that the white tablecloth was dirty i was imformed that it was a stain that would not come out maybe get it laundered I suggested ! The waiter started to defend the indefensible and then became progressively rude . The tandoor fish was good but the naan very average . Will not hurry back

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The restaurant is upstairs, therefore protecting you from the army of people trying to sell you their tat while dining.

A good menu and reasonable priced, but service was very slow with drinks taking around 25 mins to arrive, and the food almost an hour. When it did arrive, it was very good.