“Just as good as last time”
Review of fusion restaurant

fusion restaurant
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Kovalam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fusion can happen when two different things come together .Here east meets west, In many ways one of them is Fusion Food Which draws inspiration from the cuisines of the east and fuses them with elements from the west. We also serve original and traditional dishes from the east and the west.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fantastic food, attentive staff, only downside was it was quiet so not as much atmosphere, people tend to stick to restaurants further up beech. I remember it being expensive last time but this time average pricing. We will go again this week for definite.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the great reviews this was the first restaurant we went to on our first day at kovalam. And I cannot be more disappointed. Since this is a fusion restaurant I will divide this review according to their menu.

East
I love sea food and I was hoping to get some authentic kerala dishes. The malabar fish curry and the seer fish fry I ordered was taste less. No flavour whatsoever, I understand this place gets a lot of foreigners and most of the restaurants here take the spice level down a little but tell the truth, any other place down at the lighthouse beach was better. If you are looking for some proper kerala style food I would recommend the coconut Grove, kingfisher and well I loved the food at most of the other place I ate for the 4 days I was at kovalam.
West
We also ordered a pasta and a pizza. The spaghetti was undercooked served with this big blob of sauce on it. Totally not worth it and the pizza was just alright. I would suggest you guys to just go to any restaurant who don't specialize in Italian food out there and just try the macaroni which is wayyy better. Although I would recommend the Pizzeria for some good pizzas and pastas.

Great ambiance but really bad food.
Don't waste your money!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A wide choice of food and well prepared. Lovely, relaxed and cool location from where you can watch the busy beach below.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Cool location, over looking Light House Beach, if you get a table at the balcony it is very good for people watching! If you have found this restaurant in a guide book it could be that it is not where you think it will be - it is actually located at the very end of lighthouse beach on the first terrace. Choice of food is as the name suggests fusion and also east or west options. We enjoyed a great meal of tomato and ginger soup, lime and prawn soup with a main of fish with bacon and lentils and fish creole with orange vinaigrette and cumin potatoes. All delicious, service good and they served beer! ps the chocolate fudge cake was amazing!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

So, tables one two and three give you a panoramic view of Lighthouse Beach, breakers on the sand, fishing boats lights twinkling in the night and the endless ebb and flow of tourists and tat sellers.

The food - cleverly blends the best of Kerala with some European familiarity. Add great staff, super cleanliness and you get Fusion. The Indian experience without the anxiety!

What's more you can gorge on tiger prawns and more, only to find you still haven't managed to spend more than £15 for two - ace!