All reviews yoga teacher training course ayurvedic treatments yoga and meditation huge knowledge village resort indian culture body and soul every morning kovalam beach heaven on earth curry room was spacious subhash guru spiritual meditate retreat
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I stayed at Amrutham in May this year and had a wonderful time doing my yoga teacher training course. I was fortunate enough to have just one other student on my course, who I can now call a good friend!

When I first arrived I received a very warm welcome from Sateesh and Mahesh and felt at home as soon as I arrived. My room was very spacious with a private bathroom (no AC but not needed as the fan kept the room cool, although there are AC rooms available for those that would like it.) The beds are a bit hard, if they were replaced this would be a great improvement.

Both of the yoga teachers Mohandas and Anup are great teachers and helped me in different ways. I have been in touch with them both since the trip and hope our friendships continue. Mohandas is a very experienced teacher who shared a lot of knowledge with me that I am truly grateful for. For the first week my body found the training quite hard going and I was aching quite a lot, but soon I got into the routine and really noticed the difference in my strength and flexibility. I remember Anup saying to us in one of our first classes that we would be able to do Scorpion by the end of the month and amazingly thanks to a lot of encouragement from him, he was right!

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn traditional Hatha Yoga and bear in mind this is different to yoga in the western world. If you want to learn the western style of yoga then don't travel to India for teacher training, I wanted to learn the traditional way in India, the origin of where it began and am very glad I made this decision.

The food at Amrutham is absolutely delicious! I was worried about being vegetarian for a month but the food was so tasty that I didn't need to worry at all. I also had one massage during my stay which was amazing and I would highly recommend!

IF I were to be picky I would suggest the following improvements:
- softer mattresses
- cushions for the sunbeds
- improve the communication skills as Vandana was helpful when around and on whatsapp but the place could be slightly better organised

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2018

I spent a week at Amrutham and used all the facilities of yoga, meditation and Ayurvedic medicine. It was a great week. I loved the hotel: it was exactly right for me. It isn't a 5 star international hotel but a warm very friendly residence. My room was spacious with good facilities. The pool is wonderful and the yoga and treatment facilities completely appropriate. The quality of the yoga instruction and particularly the treatment were first class.
Most of all it is about the staff. There is a warmth and courtesy within all the staff which was very touching. I enjoyed chatting to them all. Wonderful. I loved it and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quiet, Ground floor rooms have direct access to the grounds.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I attended the yttc here at arithan gamaya. The resort was so beautiful! I had lovely traditional Kerala welcome and everyone working there made me feel so comfortable as I arrived took me straight to my room after the long flight which was brilliant as all I wanted to was sleep!
The food at this place is delicious!!!! I never got bored of the many curry’s and yummy sides, fresh fruit and delightful teas.
The staff were all so lovely and welcoming which made my stay here very warm. They cleaned my room everyday which was lovely. The rooms are nice and big with your own bathroom and desk and huge beds which was great for when you needed to relax!
The Ayurvedic treatment was unbelievable! I’ve never had such amazing massages all different types and in a very tranquil setting it’s definitely a must while visiting here to have atleast a few treatments! I ha a seven day package which was absolutely worth it!

All in all a great stay at amrutham!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I did my 200 hour Teacher Training Course in March/April 2018. It has been a very enriching and interesting experience that helped me to give my life a new direction. Amrutham is a very beautiful place. It is located in the middle of a little village, surrounded by banana plantations, coconut trees. The food was both delicious and healthy. I especially enjoyed the abundance of fresh fruits we had for lunch. The Yoga classes were very good and demanding. Our instructors, Mohandas and Anoop, were both very professional and compassionate Yoga teachers. We had a rather calmer yoga class in the morning with Mohandas and a more energetic class in the evening with Anoop. Mohandas is a very experienced instructor. Thanks to him I have learned a lot about myself and Pranayama. Anoops passionate and motivating teaching really helped me to improve my flexibility and strength. Due to Anoops encouragement I progressed more than I had ever expected in such a short time. The fact that we were a small group of only 5 people made progress easy because classes were quite individualized. So there was always enough time to ask questions or discuss topics from the theory class.
I also had some ayurvedic treatment, which were quite enjoyable. The staff was nice and made you feel at home. I am happy that I have chosen this place for my TTC.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

I am 49 years old and decided to go for the Ttc 200 hrs exam. I was looking for traditional yoga approach and this venue offered just this. The group are kept on a human size - mine was of 5 people (but the following one was only 2). This allowed for dedicated and personal teaching if desired although I am on the more autonomous type - teachers were very adaptable and respectful to the different personalities. This was very valuable as challenges arised but surely made for a true experience within oneself.
The rooms were very spacious and kept clean everyday by very gracious ladies.
The vegan food was very tasty and filling - I did not miss meat fish or cheese for a whole month.
Personalised ayurvedic treatments are also available at reasonable cost and performed blissfully by 2 charming ladies.
All the staff was very welcoming, helpful and cheerful and I will keep very fond memories of every one.
A profound experience I recommend to anybody.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo