See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel was pleasant although a bit out of the way and the taxi driver did not know it. We phoned the hotel and they sent someone to find us. Charles was very friendly and helpful especially putting on the Utd match in the dining room. Thanks a lot for that.

We have allocated 3* but it is more realistically a 3.5*. The main downside is the fan cool room did not do the job so it was uncomfortable at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lechou
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of finding the vidic through tripadvisor recommendations and then learning how good it really is . My stay was very enjoyable and Charles and his staff consistently delivered great service . There is a good communal feel about the house and the large table makes breakfast a big event especially the quality of the food . I will be back again and experience the charm of kovalam before its popularity really takes off .

Room Tip: Choose a room downstairs if you want to sleep in and a quieter start to the morning
Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This truly is a home of Vedic Heritage, built according to a very high standard of Vastu architecture, where silence and peace pervade every room. Every aspect of the stay was simple, but sufficient, friendly and accommodating. A delightful taste of 'country' India, yet with free internet connection, so no need to be out of touch. Certainly more than expected for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My review is from a first impression. I booked a 13 night stay at the hotel but after arriving my wife and I felt it wasn't what we were expecting. Not the best of starts. We had arranged with Charles to be picked up at the airport at 08:30, even though our flight was brought forward by an hour we still expected our transfer to arrive by 08:30, when no one turned up I asked one of the porters if he could contact the hotel for us and we were told the taxi would arrive shortly, it eventually arrived at 09:15. The path from the hotel to the beach was not the safest of ways which in the night would seem a bit like a assault course. The bed had a mosquito net around it which made the overhead fan no use in the evenings. Very limited cupboard space for your clothes. I enquired before booking about a safety deposit box of which I was told there would be one, it turned out to be a drawer in a cupboard with a lock fitted, the draw didn't lock. There were no issues about us leaving and the hotel even arranged for our cases to be taken to the hotel we eventually stayed in. I don't want this to seem a poor review for the hotel but as I said it wasn't what I was expecting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taffyonhols
vedicheritage, Owner at Vedic Heritage Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for that review. In fact it is not a review but a complaint of mishappenings which was completely out of our control. Like never before and very unusually your flight arrives at 07.00 am, one hour earlier than the scheduled time 08.05 am and your specification in your email for pickup details. You could have easily found a telephone at the airport to make a call to us and say that you have arrived. In fact you could have called us from Mumbai before you took off to Trivandrum. So at 08.05 precise I get your telephone call from the airport and annoyed at the taxi not arriving. Usually it from 20-40 minutes before you are actually out of the arrival terminal. The taxi was on its way and I remember that taxi arrived at 08.25 at the airport and you were at the hotel at 09.15 am. The moment I saw you entering the gate I could see that trouble was on its way. If you remember I even told you while showing the room that it was ok with us if you didn't wanted to stay and move to another hotel. All my staff noticed the hissig vibe your wife had right from the beginning you entered the hotel. They told me you wont stay and I said it was better that way for everybody, for you and for us. And that happened. You moved out after 3-4 hours and we even helped you to find people to carry your luggage. Happily we parted our ways. That is what actually happened.

The irony is that it was Air India that came 1 hr. before the scheduled time. Those who know Air India will have a big laughter at this mishappening. We guess our stars are not in the right constellation at this moment because everyone who in fact didn't stay at our place has given us very bad reviews lately and we wonder why. What can we say... we will keep up our positive attitude, good spirit and smile and keep on doing the same service to all our guests. Sometimes things can go wrong and then we ask you to excuse us and help us make it better. And keep smiling.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked a week and stayed for five! What more can I say. Fantastic host, wonderful atmosphere, the most relaxing place we have ever stayed. So useful in arranging trips etc, but my favourite was the authentic Kerelan breakfasts!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for a very kind and giving review. Yes, you and your husband came for a week and then stayed on for a month. Not only that you invited one of your dear friend from London to come to India for the first time. He came for 2 weeks and stayed with us 4 weeks, changing tickets at least to times. It was a great pleasure having you stay with us and looking forward to your return someday. Every guest is like a family member than a tourist and we put some love in our service. Your review gives us the spirit to carry on with our smile even with some difficult guests. Thank you again.