See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've just returned from 2 weeks in India. The Vedic Heritage Boutique Hotel was my best find. Charles the owner did everything possible to make my stay enjoyable and peaceful. The hotel itself is fairly new, well designed and only 5 rooms. The light and space in the house is amazing.
Each day for breakfast I experienced great coffee and a variety of Kerala breakfasts, prepared just for me....
Charles organised massage, yoga and trips to see the local area - he could not have been more accommodating and delightful.
I was travelling in low season so the local beaches and area was very quite. I would highly recommend going in low season, good day and evening climate and some rain (still monsoon season).
I can't wait to return and do more yoga and chill out.
If you want a quite, relaxing and peaceful time without all the mod cons of swimming pool, bar, air conditioning etc this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SVLondonuk
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was a rare pleasure to stay at this beautifully designed, immaculately kept guest house. A short walk along the footpaths took us either to the beaches ideal for swimming, or to a beautiful Kali temple. Charles is a most gracious host and provides assistance with day trips and other interesting facets of life at Kovalam Beach and Kerala in general.

Room Tip: We had a room one the first floor near the wild gardens and saw wonderful birdlife and squirrels from our own personal balcony. I think each room probably has its own special feature, but we were delighted with this one!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We traveled to Kovalam in the monsoon to find the rain was no more and magnificent sunny days to enjoy the heavenly beach that awaits there. I had wanted to stay at Vedic Heritage on a prior visit but it was full at the time and was very happy to stay there. Muthu who was managing the place in Charles absence took wonderful care of us and our children, all in all a very homely and sincere place where utmost effort was always taken to ensure genuineness and heart-felt care and love which is rare in any "tourist" spots. Actually this was the genuine ancient way of treating guests that India has known deeply rooted in the culture of Sanatanadharma. So it was a wonderful re-discovery. The building is new but refreshingly made and you can feel a lot of care was taken to make something traditional but clean and functional too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here in March having booked online - Charles and staff were very friendly, welcoming & helpful to arrange transportation or always taking time to chat and give us helpful advice. The Vedic is a short walk down the narrow walkways to the beach, take your flashlight for evening walks back to the hotel. We loved the quiet, relaxing location, superb cleanliness and open, spaciousness of the Vedic. It is quite new with rooms located off a central, open space. I think all rooms have a balcony and ours was the perfect spot for morning or afternoon coffee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maplekey
Reviewed June 7, 2012

this place is trying hard to give a true and original insight into the vedic background of kerala's culture. the rooms are nice, the service helpful and the location all right.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo