This is the first review of a hotel I'm writing. I have been in all kinds of hotels world wide from USA to Australia and in all categories. In 5$ models as well as in superb 5 star hotels. Never I felt the necessity to write a reveiw to warn people going into a hotel.
Whatever you read you have to keep in mind that this is a 5 start hotel and rooms are accordingly charged.
We have booked 3 Arabian Sea View Room. Upon arrival in all 3 rooms there was still the luggage of the previous guests. The rooms were not cleaned properly for months. There were cobwebs in every corner of the room, rooms were dusty and walls dirty. In my room the toilet was obviously used (I will avoid details here) but no cleaned. One of the three rooms was in such bad conditions, especially the bathroom that we have refused to stay in that one. Unfortunatelly all others were already sold out.
Staff came 3 times to clean the rooms half way so we accepted to stay in the hotel. Actually we had no other choice because all other hotels in Kovalam were sold out.
After a huge fight with the mainenance manager and front desk manager we got a 50% discount on food and drinks and after another fight 50% for one of the rooms. But by then our Kerala trip was completely spoiled and the discount did not help to enjoy the stay.
Even after having that much escalation, during our 3 days stay the shower was not cleaned a single time. All 3 days we got only one small towel and were forced to beg for another one.
The rooms did not provide a minimbar, 2 did not even a fridge, one had an empty one. I think this should be pretty much standard for a 5 star hotel.
Pool area is small and only very limited deckchairs are available mostly occupied by older european folks who keep chairs occupied empty for the entire day. Staff is supporting that by taking money to reserve chairs in the early morning.
This hotel should be called beach hotel. There is a small steep, slippy pathway going down to the beach nicely decorated with garbage which you can see from your sea view room.
The gym facilities are ridiculous. Its small and machines are probably some 20 years old. If you want to brake your neck on the treadmill, go ahead.
I really can't understand so much positive ratings for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By blending the finest of art with the most sophisticated luxury, Turtle on the Beach brings about a new grammar in holidaying in this part of the world. You will find it unique in every way you look at it, either as a whole or in parts that make it a whole. And that makes Turtle on the Beach a one-of-a-kind boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Turtle On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle On The Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Turtle On The Beach Kovalam, Kerala