Highly Recommend this place! Would go back there again!
Stayed here with wife and son(2.5 yrs old) for 3 days earlier this month, with the sole idea of doing NOTHING and just RELAX. Well, this is a great place to do just that. There were only 10 odd occupants due to the early off-season period.
The 'basic' Arabian Sea View room(1st floor) was king-size and more than sufficient for us with a huge balcony with a good Sea View. Air-con was excellent and the Room was
Service was excellent, right from the Check-in Greetings(courtesy Bopan & Annie) to the staff at Cataraman and the Coffee Shop. Staff were Very courteous and very cheerful/interactive with my son, lavishing a lot of attention on him. Room Service was very prompt and accurate, when we wanted to stay-in for a couple of times. Quality and Taste of Food at the Catamaran, right from the Breakfast Buffet(great for people with large appetites) to the a-la-carte Lunch and Dinner was excellent throughout.
It even rained one evening while we were at the swimming pool, which made my day(and kiddos). Loads of lightning and thunder during twilight, with some hot coffee at the balcony, awesome!
We were content with having long sessions at Cataraman restaurant, the Swimming pool (which my son went crazy about), long walks at the beach and the promenade in the morning and evening to catch the local flavour.
We also tried out the in-house Ayurvedic Spa for an hour-long Rejuvenation Full-body Massage. Truth be told, having never had one before, I can only say that it put me to sleep when it was almost done, and had to be woken up for a thorough bath(self-administered, of course!). They also have a in-house Ayurveda lady doctor, who can advise based on your health/history on the appropriate product/service.
The only time we ventured OUT was to visit the local aquarium(at Vizhinjam), which was surprisingly large(albeit badly maintained).
A big thanks to my main man Subin and his contacts Pramod and Kiran for helping to arrange for a great mini-vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By blending the finest of art with the most sophisticated luxury, Turtle on the Beach brings about a new grammar in holidaying in this part of the world. You will find it unique in every way you look at it, either as a whole or in parts that make it a whole. And that makes Turtle on the Beach a one-of-a-kind boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle On The Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Turtle On The Beach Kovalam, Kerala