“Great Food in a shabby Setting.”
Review of Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Kovalam
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We went to Kingfisher after Reading the great Reviews.
We had Crabs Kerala-Style, Prawns Masala-Style, Calamar in Butter and Garlic aswell as some Naan and Kerala-Bread. The Restaurant also offered us some Fries and a tasty fresh salad (which i ate and my stomac hadn't complained so far...).
The Food was fresh, excellent, fingerlickin' good and spicy.
The prices were a bit high but probably quite normal for Beachfront-Restaurants. Comprared to others still fair enough.
If the Restaurant would be a bit nicer and the staff a bit more passionate, we would even have given 5 Points.
After all - probably the best beach-fronted Restaurant-Shack you can get in Kovalam.

There are newer reviews for Kingfisher

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went for a meal here with my wife during my holiday in Kerala and would recommend this place. The staff are very nice and the food is flavoursome and fresh.

We both ordered the Mulligatawny soup which was nice and not too spicy. We then ordered Jumbo prawn fry and Chicken Kadai curry. Both these meals were delicious and the prawns were excellently cooked.

Location wise it is based on lighthouse beach with a lovely sea view.

If we are ever back in Kerala I will be sure to pay them another visit

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The non-veg and seafood here is fresh and delicious. I ordered Chicken Masala and my wife ordered fish wrapped in a leaf and both of us enjoyed it a lot. The vegetarian food here is average because I tasted from other friends who ordered Veg gravy and Roti.

The portions of the food here are good and we ordered more than we could consume, so take care while ordering.

1  Thank GuptaSagar
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I liked the food here with good portions. The fish was very fresh and good. The beer comes in a bottle wrapped in paper served in a coffee mug.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

These guys are good at what they do, you choose the fish(es) on display and they cook the dish you order out of that.The taste is tongue tickling, quantity is adequate, price is reasonable. The only two things that turn you off is the cleanliness which still can be forgiven as its by the side of the beach, but the behavior of the waiters was like that of rowdies not allowing time for ordering at times. They take a good 45-60 mins to deliver your order.