Aparna Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kovalam
See available hotels
Coconut Bay Beach Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Amrutham(Kovalam)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Paradise Gardens Beach Resort & Ayurveda(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
View Hotel
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort(Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum))
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthousethe rooms are super cleanfeel safe hererooms overlookfiltered waterplastic bottlesarabian seaquiet areafishing boatsgreat place to stayroom was spaciousvisit kovalamthe ground floorshort walkpalm treesspecial thankscharles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Aparna for 5 nights. I only intended to stay for 2-3 but I was so happy I decided to stay a bit longer.
I cannot fault the advice or service I received there. My laundry was returned within a couple of hours. I asked for advice on topping up the credit on my phone and someone went off to do it for me! I am travelling alone and felt very safe here. It's a short walk to the beach down a steep(ish) hill but this does mean the views from the balcony are great. No tv or a/c bit this suited me fine. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Kovalam.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

As a couple travelling to India every year our first port of call is always the Aparna, feels like coming home. Charles and Sathyan and all the staff make us feel welcome. Lovely clean rooms whichever floor you stay on. Bediding,towels and rooms cleaned daily. All have ceiling fan, fridge and a safe, which is a new addition to the fresh fooms. Aparna is well placed for a strole down to the lovely beaches or a walk down the back alleys the many restaurants and little shops.
The Aparna doesnt have a restaurant, but tea and coffee readily available and meals can be brought in from the Rockholm Hotel across the alley.
We have stayed there over 15 times and will always recommend and return. Many thanks.

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank PatriciaAnn1948
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This must be one of the best views in the area and certainly one of the best deals . The hotel is spotless as they clean every room every day regardless of whether it is occupied or not and the team led by charles provide legendary service . The second floor and above offer great views over the bay and you can watch the fishermen go out before sunset and return as the sun is rising the following morning . I noticed that they tend to have some guests who have been taking the same room for the last twenty years and just keep coming back .

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FranR1
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you've stayed in India before, you know that the standard for rooms is lower than the US and Europe. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in India!

We told Charles, the manager, that we'd be arriving late from the airport and it wasn't a problem. We stayed in the non A/C annex for Rs. 900 and it was lovely. Very clean, spacious (we assembled our tandem in the room), great tiled bathroom with good shower pressure. The fan above the bed worked well. The room was on the main floor but was quiet.

The only negative I can think of is that they don't have a generator, so you'll have to deal with the power going out for 1/2 hour twice a day. No big deal.

Like I said, one of my best stays in India!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kallie S
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, and the rooms are clean and well kept. Located close to the less populated beach south of the lighthouse. Simple rooms (no AC or TV) but with refrigerator and a deposit box. Keeps a number (10+) of rolls of toilet paper in the bathrooms, no need to ask for additional rolls. Restaurant just outside at Rockholm.

• Stayed: January 2013