All reviews swimming pool small lane min walk to the beach a ground floor room comfortable hotel quiet location changed daily hotel is situated stayed for nights fridge wifi wardrobe balcony torch television
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

In a beach strip where all the fancy hotels seem to get poor reviews for services, maintenance and cleanliness, Thushara takes the opposite approach. Keep it simple - this is not a fancy hotel, but a basic older property - but keep it very clean, well maintained, and friendly. Pool is so nice and so clean. Balconies are nice. Comfortable bed. Good breakfasts and a la carte meals by the pool. Don't come with high star expectations, but enjoy this lovey little hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn22
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited kovalam and poovar between 25th Jan and 28th Jan 2018. The biggest mistake I did was to stay in Hotel Thushara. I saw the ratings in travel websites and found thushara has a good rating and so booked it and that was my nemesis. Since I was travelling with a kid I told them beforehand that I need a single queen size double bed and when I went there I found out they have not done any changes and it is the same 2 single beds joined together. Mind it the hotel is not on the main road it is in narrow dingy lane. For getting into the main road or hawa beach road you have to walk inside 150metres. There are 3 - 4 hotels on the main road like hotel marine palace, hotel sea rock , treebo moonlight which one can consider if one is staying in that place. The good part of staying on main rd is there are 2 good restaurants adjacent to it. They are harnos cafe and Rainbow restaurant. Whatever regarding hotel thushara the hotel is not at all well maintained. We found that small black insects are coming out from bed and from the sink in the bathroom. There are lizards everywhere. Further if you are staying in thushara stock up on mosquito repellents and odomos. The wash jet in the washroom was not working and it was repaired after a day. My son of 3 years threw up in the room due to the stress of the journey. I asked the room service to clean it up and I was declined saying cleaning will only happen after the cleaning happens for check out rooms. This gives a clear impression that they are least bothered when guests have checked in already. The food menu of the hotel is exorbitantly priced and if you are staying there you can visit a close by restaurant named janani. Another problem is if you are paying by card in thushara they argue with you and ask for additional charges. I have just been from kovalam and hotel thushara. The staff is good but overall the hotel needs to know how to be run professionally. So if you are going to kovalam go for better options and thushara is not worth it.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Debashish C
thusharakovalam, Owner at Thushara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear Guest
Greetings from Thushara
we received your booking through booking.com, and your request for queen sized bed- same time we send return mail regarding your request- in our hotel all the rooms have twin bed..
in our website and booking.com clearly mentioned the hotel is situated 150 away from the road and 1.2 meter path way/
room cleaning- we clean all the rooms everyday , but we cant appoint one staff for each room for clean all ways.Bill payment- In all the payment guest must pay room rent plus GST the same was also clearly mentioned in booking.com site. we never ask or collect additional charges to any guest.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

The pool is fantastic and clean. The staff are brilliant and friendly. We arrived early and they gave us the room early. We got a brilliant deal via Agoda, £19 night for a non AC room. The hotel is set back from the beach and very quiet, just a 2-3 min walk to the beach. Our room had a fridge which we were not expecting. Room is basic, beds and pillows hard. Room clean with a nice balcony. We stayed for 3 nights in room 405. We took the key out with us everyday which meant the room was not cleaned. If you want it cleaned leave your key at reception. Remember though it is a basic hotel. Wifi on reception only. I look forward to staying again next year.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
thusharakovalam, Owner at Thushara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2018

Dear guest
Greetings from Thushara
Thank you for taking out time to share your feedback with us. we are immensely happy to know that you had a very comfortable stay with us, we assure you that we will keep up the good work and looking forward to host here again in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

We stayed at Thushara for two weeks in Dec/Jan of 2017/2018. Very clean place .The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel promotes Ayurvedic treatment in the premises.
Whenever we stay at Thushara we have our Ayurvedic treatments with Dr.Vinoy Vighneswar and his team. He gives great massages and has a very deep knowledge and spends a lot of time with his patients. His staff is dedicated and very good and kind.
They also provide food according to the treatment as needed, which is a double plus point. The staff tries their best to provide what you ask for.
We have stayed at Thushara a few times before too and we enjoyed our stay there. They keep the rooms, pool and area very clean.
We will stay again at Thushara and recommend to others too.
Sakuntala and Tonita
Canada

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
thusharakovalam, Owner at Thushara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear guest
greetings from Thushara, Thank you for your review about Thushara. we are most delighted to learn that you have had a wonderful experience in our hotel and the staffs and services outstanding
once again thank you for taking out the time to share your review on this forum

Reviewed May 26, 2017

This really was a great find for us in Kovalam, best points for me about this hotel:
Staff are really friendly and helpful, relaxed atmosphere, REALLY clean pool and super comfy sunbathing loungers, they also give pool towels. The room was clean and had a fridge to cool our beers, we had a balcony and chairs. Bed was comfy. Room was very clean. The breakfast was basic but very tasty and welcome. I really loved staying here. We initially intend to stay one night, but stayed 3 in the end. Only down side was building work next door was loud in the morning, but didn't bother me too much, and at night the lane to the hotel is a dark, but phone torch sorted that. Also they organised a great day out for us in Povar on the backwaters and beaches. I would deffinately stay here again if in Kovalam.

Room Tip: As for balcony facing the pool on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
thusharakovalam, Owner at Thushara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Dear Guest
Greetings from Hotel Thushara
we are most delighted to learn that you have had a wonderful experience in our hotel and found the staff and services outstanding.Your feedback will most certainly add impetus in our quest towards excellence.
Thank you for taking out the time to share your review on this forum
Thanking you