“Comfortable Hotel, a No-Brainer”

Ranked #4 of 1,350 Hotels in Tianjin
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staying here for 2 weeks. Very nice hotel! Breakfast buffet is extensive and fast. Bottled water in room. Bed is super comfortable (pillow-top mattress). Free wired internet and wi-fi if you are a Marriott rewards member - connection is good, was able to use Facetime on my iPhone with family at home no problem. Nice hot shower, very good water pressure. All necessary amenities in room - mini-frig, mini-safe, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, small toothbrush/toothpaste. OK selection of English-speaking TV channels. Gym is really nice - good range of free weights, weight machines, and cardio equipment. Pool is humongous, long enough to do long laps. Locker rooms adjacent to gym and pool allow you to change into your bathing suit at the pool and keep your belongings locked up. Several massage rooms. Good choice of restaurants within walking distance, safe to walk. Only one problem - this hotel has smoking and no-smoking rooms. I reserved a no-smoking room and supposedly was given a NS room, but as soon as I entered the room, I was hit with a strong cigarette smell (ugh). Had to change rooms. So make sure you ask - and get - a NS room if the smell of smoke bothers you. All in all, a no-brainer choice of a hotel in Tianjin.

Room Tip: Request a no-smoking room if needed, free wired internet and wi-fi for Marriott Rewards members
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Renaissanceteda, Director of Sales and Marketing at Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Pete017 from Massachusetts :

Thank you very much for your kind feedback in regards to your experience at the Renaissance Tianjin Teda.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for a week in oct and found it a very comfortable hotel.

Rooms were spacious and well maintained as well as being very clean. It had all of the amenities at hand.

Restaurant was well appointed and a good array of dishes to suit most.

Hotel is very well situated in teda and is easy walking distance to many bars and restaurants.

Would recommend for a stay in teda.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest :

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night and participate a marvelous conference.
The hardware and software of the hotel are good – achieved a five star international hotel standard. The conference venue is also gorgeous. The hotel and convention center is a beautiful and majestic building. However, when I want to take pictures from the outside, the guard stopped me. I asked politely to the front desk staff about this issue. She told me that this is the hotel’s regulation. Terrible, even we can take picture from the outside of many presidential offices and empire’s palace of many countries. I traveled around the world and stayed at over seventy hotels. This is the only one which bans against taking pictures (from the outside). Don’t they know there are artificial satellites?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank liucy752
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while on Business in Tianjin. The service from all staff was excellent, particularly the concierge. The rooms were clean and spacious. It happened to be my birthday while I was there and when I returned to my room that evening, the hotel had left a birthday card and a cake for me in my room :-)
My only criticism is that the house band that played in the bar 6 nights a week were very loud and not amazing, our request to the bar staff that the volume be turned down since our group were the only ones present and couldn't hear ourselves talk was met with "sorry, we can't". Disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed on business three nights:

The Good - unbelievably comfortable beds. Rooms with plenty of amenities.

The bad - Not a bad place but definitely has it's downers. Smoking allowed throughout, so lots of not so great smells if you are a non-smoker. Also, in an area that is still growing up and has lots of construction, noise and debris.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank gravesbl
Renaissanceteda, Director of Sales and Marketing at Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear gravesbl from Fort Worth, TX :

We are glad that you rated our hotel so highly. As you mentioned in your comment, our hotel is amongst the best in the area and we received your notes as a heads up that will assist us in improving our services.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is absolutely the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life and my friend agrees and she happens to be FROM Tianjin! Fabulous hotel - accommodating and polite staff - fantastic rooms - great work out facility - nice pool - fabulous executive lounge and fantastic location. Agreat edition to a charming and very reasonably prices property. Overall, I will definitely stay again if I am back in Tianjin.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Renaissanceteda, Director of Sales and Marketing at Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Adela l from Hongkong :

Reviewed September 10, 2012

First - the hotel itself is quite nice. Good breakfast buffet, friendly staff, and a nice room. I would have given it 4 stars, except I had a major issue with the airport transfer. Their driver had a sign with the wrong name on it at the airport - so I didn't know he was my appointed driver. After about 45 minutes of waiting around and trying to rectify the situation with hotel staff, we were able to finally connect. I suspect this is a one-time only issue with the hotel, but it was very inconvenient for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business