Sheraton Tianjin Hotel
  • Restaurant
$108
Hyatt.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice hotelclub floorcomfortable bedspgr2jenglishbusinesschinaconditionerfurniturebeijing
Reviewed July 1, 2013

just spend last 2 days in here,good place,nothing to complain about..

rooms are nice,very clean

breakfast very good with very friendly staff.

But staff in every part of the hotel was very cooperative and helpfully..thanks for that!

If you have time,go for a walk around the museum area,have a look in the tianjin library or go downtown,rent a bike and go around the old colonial style houses....just soooo relaxing!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
天津喜來登大酒店Annie, 客戶關係經理 at Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, the first five-star hotel in Tianjin with international approval.
First of all, please allow us to thank you for staying in Sheraton Tianjin Hotel among all the hotels in Tianjin and more importantly for sharing your excellent experience with us.
We are so glad that you are satisfied with our room. About the AC thermostat problem you mentioned, we have put it into the maintenance schedule and will keep pulling it to be completed as soon as possible. We go on sparing no efforts to maintain our service quality and enhance guest satisfaction to ensure a perfect stay experience for all the guests.
Once again thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we sincerely hope that we can welcome you back at Sheraton Tianjin Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The Gold floor doesn't have Bailey's and they had to be instructed on how to make a gin and tonic (bringing slices of lemon when I asked for lime). Even though the pool rules don't say you have to wear a cap, they make you, the thermostat in room 1602 doesn't work so they recommend you open windows to warm the room up (it was freezing) and they gave us the wrong room (we had booked an executive suite but they gave us a junior suite) and they just said they didn't have it available without any apology or compensation. Keep in mind that I have been living in China for five months, and no other hotel has been this clueless. The downstairs dinner buffet was decent however, with very good ice cream.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dingos8baby
天津喜來登大酒店Annie, 公關經理 at Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

First of all, please allow us to thank you for choosing Sheraton Tianjin Hotel among all the hotels in Tianjin and more importantly for sharing your latest experience with us. Kindly accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectation in terms of our service and facility during your last stay with us. I shared your feedback with the related department. May we take this opportunity to reasure you that we will strengthen on service standards in our hotel and in order to exceed our guests’ expectations. Improvements will definitely be made to maintain our standard of excellence. If your schedule would bring you back to Tianjin again, we will make sure our hotel team will deliver the international five-star hotel service as promised.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. The hotel is in a good location. I was pleased with the room and it was above average for a Sheraton in China. The hotel's breakfast was very good as well. With one exception (see below) I found the staff to be helpful and experienced. The hotel's bar is in need of a refresh, it is a bit old, with a very loud live band that wasn't all that great. The lobby lounge closes early in the evening so if you want a drink the bar is the only place to get it.

The only other constructive comment I would have is that on the 2nd morning I woke up to a great air quality day (little pollution in the air)...I asked the front desk where I could go for a run and they made it clear that there was no place to run outside. I knew enough about Tianjin to know that there was a large park in the center of the city so I ran towards the Tianjin tower and luckily found it...it was a very beautiful large park (can't recall the name).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
天津喜來登大酒店Annie, 公關經理 at Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you are satisfied with our room, breakfast, and our staff. We will go on sparing no efforts to maintain our service quality and enhance guest satisfaction to ensure a perfect stay experience for all the guests.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just stayed here for two nights, and I really appreciated the attentive service and the environment. I stayed on the 6th floor and the club lounge was a nice oasis of calm :-). My only gripe is that on one evening a colleague and I went to the bar to work and have a drink and it was too smokey and the waitress told us there was no other choices in the hotel - being able to get a beer in the ground floor lounge would have been nice.

My room was great, although I may be biased as I was upgraded to a suite and loved the convenience of it?

There is a great dim sum restaurant just five minutes walk away too (come out of the hotel, turn left and walk to the next junction, it's the building on the corner - sorry cant remember its name!)

Room Tip: The club floor lounge is a nice place to work
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
天津喜來登大酒店Annie, 公關經理 at Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you are satisfied with the hotel service and the environment. As to the only drawback you mentioned about the bar and beer, we have already shared your suggestion with the related departments and staff. We have also put it on the agenda of future improvement. Anyway, our hotel and staff will go on sparing no efforts to maintain our service quality and enhance guest satisfaction to ensure a perfect stay experience for all the guests.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Being a regular traveler I have stayed in multiple Starwood group properties(partly for points). However none as much as Sheraton hotel, Tianajin. Located very close to the Tianjin TV tower, hotel can arouse mixed emotion for its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great Staff. The staff is very humble and helpful. Also they try to make sure your experience is good and help in any way they can. As I have stayed here frequently I recognized many people among staff. However I was still amazed by the fact that some of them remembered me from last visit.
- Food options for vegeterian: Being a vegeterian, it is a must to stay in hotel with nearby veg hotels. They have an indian restauarant(bawarchi) very close by. Also the hotel has a buddhist restaurant in the apartment side which is slightly pricy but serve good food
- Much easier to get conveyance(taxi) then other hotels such as Westin, Holiday Inn.
- Comortable bed and sofa.
- Services such as laundry are avaiable at much cheaper rate as compared to other hotel in same cataegory

Cons:

- Rooms are very old fashioned and poorly lit. In night even if you turn on all lights yet the room looks dark. This is major turn off.
- Very limited english channels in the TV. They just have HBO and MAX which seems to be repeating the same movies again and again.
- Hot water supply in bathroom does not seem to work properly. I have tried to adjust it to cold water but still water was very hot.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the water mass flowing opposite to hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you are satisfied with the hotel staff, food, bed and sofa, and the services. As to the drawbacks you mentioned, we have already shared your opinion with the related departments and staff. We have also put it on the agenda of future improvement. Anyway, our hotel and staff will go on sparing no efforts to maintain our service quality and enhance guest satisfaction to ensure a perfect stay experience for all the guests.