Stayed here as part of a 4 city, 3 night business trip. First stop was the St. Regis in Tianjin. I got in very late, around midnight after flying to Beijing and taking a car to the St. Regis.
1. There was no one at the reception when I arrived. There were no staff at the door either. Maybe midnight is too late, quite possibly I was the last guest checking in for the day, and I only stayed there for about 7 hrs before leaving.
2. The room did not have air conditioning already on. THe hotel knew I was arriving, yet the room was stale and unprepared.
3. The water pressure was extremely low. Despite turning the luxury brand faucet to full blast, the water came out very weak and additionally it took about 4 mins before the hot water came on.
4. Breakfast spread was mediocre. Oddly shaped dining area, bread and danish at the entrance while the seats are all largely in the main dining area. Not a big deal, but just being specific that the arrangement is a bit odd.
I stayed in 3 Starwood properties, and this was an ok property, I probably would not stay here again. The rate was not bad, but then again this is Tianjin.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Travelocity and Ctrip TA so you can book your The St Regis Tianjin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.