Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel
RitzCarlton.com
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake viewgreat hotelbusiness tripon displaybreakfast restaurantrainfall showerseparate showerquiet roomlobby loungeclub levelchinese new yearstay at this hotel againnon smokingthe ground floorcomfortable roomsnight staypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A government hotel, Front desk service improved a lot then before. Last time was a government meeting, can not make room reservation. Club lounge staff very helpful, Room is bigger then Sheraton, the lobby was impressive. I like the nearby Shanghai style restaurant.thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being a local, friends and I have met several times at this hotel for drinks and meals. The level of service is generally hit and miss, and in the lobby lounge it is a usual 'miss'.

Being government owned, it often attracts drunk loutish 'men in black', who get outrageously drunk, loudly swear and cuss (albeit in chinese), spit and ash on the carpeted floor, and then brawl over who will pay the bill. One particularly bad evening we complained and the marketing manager came to apologise, however said there was nothing they could do.

That said, several visitors of mine have had pleasant stays there, and the location is good; however twice with service problems that have required my assistance to sort the 'local way'.

For the prices that are charged, and the general 'hit and miss' service standards, I now give it a total miss.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

it's sooo nice to receive their welcome tea at the front desk. i always like surprise. My friend said their operators center offered many local travel information for him. even more than what i know, hehe. anyway, i think i made a right choice to treat my friend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The business lounge staff -Queenie Mark Summer and Joyce, and a few I have missed- are very helpful they go out of the way to make sure that all guest are taken care of . I hope if you come here you will appreciate there services as much as we have. (sometimes I forget to thank those who make a stay so easy)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2012

From the time I got out of the car, the service was impeccable. I went to check in and they had my Marriott number and offered me an upgrade to a suite at no cost. They mentioned it was a smoaking room, and I delcined and they reassured me that the room had been cleaned so it did not smell of stale smoke/cigarettes. I asked if I could change if I did nto like it and they said yes. I got to the room and they were right, I could not smell stale smoke or cigarettes. Huge lounge room and deak, and lovely chaise lounge and king bed in the bedroom. Small half bath/toilet in the lounge area.

The bathroom was great, a bath, separate shower with a rain head shower. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, loofahs, toiletries, sundries.

The first afternoon I decided I would go to bed early as I was tired, having spent the week before in Brazil, so my body clock had no idea what time it was, so put on the Do Not Distrub sign. A couple of hours later I wake to the telephone ringing. They wanted to deliver some fruit to my room, but did not ring the doorbell as I had the Do Not Distrub sign on, so they called me instead! Asked them to deliver the fruit at another time, as I did not want to be disturbed. Could not see a similar feature on the phone, but htink it should be added - a little anoyed, but oh well someone was trying to do their job.

Next morning I was up and had breakfast in the Club Louonge - great variety and selection and great service by everyone in the lounge. After the first morning, they never asked me for my room number again, they rememebered it.

The following evening I had a glass of wine and some apetisers in the Club llounge again - very nice selection of wines and food.

Then I went for my facial and foot massage in the Spa. Awesome experience. Only beaten by hte massage in the same Spa hte next night. Highly, higly recommend the facials and massages.

I used the gym - huge gym and variety of machines, and the pool is long and wide (and shallow) and wasy to do laps. The change/locker room has a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Fantastic facilities.

The location is not in the downtown area and in an area of government buildings. I like to get out and see the town when I am in Tianjin, but this is the only downside, as the air conditioning works in this hotel (first hotel I have stayed in Tianjin were the air conditioning works), the windos in the hotel room open for frech air, the Club lounge, the Spa and the gym facilities are alll wonderful.

I was able to walk the eight floors to my room. The stairweel was clean and I felt safe. Love being able to walk the stairs for the exercise.

But on my last night, I came back to my room to a terrible smell emenating form the bathroom. It was so bad I opened my windows and after a few hours it had gone. I am not sure if it was a cleaning fuid of some kind, but then again I do not understand why I did not smell it any other evening. I cannot imagine what it was or what caused it, but it marred my visit, and why I only marked the rating for my stay as a "four" and not a "five".

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if I was staying for a few days in Tianjin, but any longer and I would be looking for a hotel in the downtown area. The gym, Club lounge and Spa are awaesome.

Room Tip: I styaed in room 822 which is a suite overlooking the entrance and government buildings. If in a room, I would ask for a room overlooking the lake as it looks beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Melissa Z, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel and for sharing your experience in our hotel. If your have plans to visit Tianjin again, we hope we are always your first choice. We are looking forward to your visit.