“Sheraton all the way”

Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel
Ranked #12 of 1,350 Hotels in Tianjin
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Right from check in to check out ,entire experience was pleasant. Staff,Services,House keeping and food all carry stamp of Sheraton quality. Though room service was little slow as it took 45minutes to serve simple sandwich, it's taste and hotness made up for the delay. Rooms are spacious and so are the washrooms. Well spread breakfast with highly attentive service was very handy as I was in a rush for early morning flight. Keep it up

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Maggie L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Welcome to stay at the Sheraton Tianjin Binhai. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We will continue to make you feel a home away home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is what you expect from a business hotel in China; clean, well equipped and with attractive rooms suited to the business traveller. I would especially point out the good food and service in the restaurants and bars as well as a reliable transport service. The room was very attractive but the internet a bit slow. Recommendable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Maggie L, Marcom Department at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and share your experience with us. we are so glad to see you enjoy each stay at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai. we will delivering the best service and destination experience to each valued guest. I hope we can welcome you back in the not long distance future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I travel a lot around China and Asia. This is a good Sheraton hotel. It's not one of the best in terms of character but its comfortable. The lunch buffet is highly recommended. They have a fantastic spread which sometimes include curry, something very hard to find in Tianjin. If you work in TEDA. This is probably the best hotel around. The others will be Holiday Inn and other local hotels. So if your company budget allows for it, take this one.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank NasiKandarIpoh
Maggie L, Marcom at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and comment, I am pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity at staying at Sheraton Tianjin. Overall had a pretty good experience, as per my expectations. The location was nice, with a nice, small shopping mall next door. The hotel was grand with a good lobby with courteous staff. The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful and hardly took any time to check me in. The room was good too, with a nice large bed, and all basic amenities. The bathroom, neat and clean with all toiletries that one would would expect from the Sheraton brand. Bedroom slippers, an iron and an ironing board, wifi etc, all were available. Also the breakfast served in the restaurant was nice and grand. Overall had a very comfortable stay and would recommend this hotel in case you are visiting Tianjin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank sainbasha
Mark F, General Manager at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you, I really appreciated your down to earth review of the hotel and service you received.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. The hotel is generally high qaulity and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very large and comfortable with a very good bathrom. There is a desk in the room but a shame that the WiFi is not free - only in the lobby/bar area is it free which was a bit of a pain.

Breakfast was good with a large choice. We also eat in the Italian restaurant which was OK, nothign to really complain about but a little dissapointing with the choice and quality of the food.

Doesn't quite get 5 stars due toa couple little niggles but really is a 4.5 and is pretty good. It is close to the places I was visiting and I would stay here agian if I go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank ARH51
Mark F, General Manager at Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

We are just upgrading our Wi-Fi system in the hotel which will greatly improve the quality and strength of the signal all over the hotel.

I will discuss your comments on our Bene restaurant with our Executive Chef.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay. Staff is very helpful, helped me even to buy things by internet, breakfast is very good, very international. The room is comfortable, and relaxing shower. There is an italian restaurant inside the hotel, very delicious. Nothing to complain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AnaAguiar

Thank you for your review, I am always so pleased to read positive comments towards the young and enthusiastic team we have here in the hotel.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was a long term guest at this hotel from April to December of 2012 on a 28/28 rotational basis. As with any hotel, there were shortcomings, but the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to please the customer balanced out the shortcomings, and made this one of the most pleasurable stays I've had in any hotel.

Pluses:

1. The staff are wonderful - can't say enough good about them

2. The Club on the 23rd floor has a warm, welcoming atmosphere, and the young ladies there do a superb job of running it.

3. Beds & pillows are soft, plush, and very comfortable western style. Not the hard style preferred by the Chinese.

4. Did I mention the staff are super? They even prepared a surprise dinner and cake for my birthday!

Areas that should receive some attention:

1. Climate control - this hotel definitely has a "cool" side (facing the main street, 2nd Avenue) and a "hot" side, facing the opposite way. If your room is on the hot side, it may be difficult to get it cooled down to a comfortable level in transitional weather like late fall or spring.

2. Inconsistent hot water - during most of my last month (November 2012), it was difficult to consistently get hot water in a reasonable amount of time. Quite often it required opening all the taps in the room and letting the water run for 15-20 minutes minimum to get water warm enough to shower. The system was serviced several times and would perform OK for a day or two after, but the problem kept returning and was still there when I checked out on the 4th of December. Too, the water from the bath tap would occasionally run brown; fortunately I use the shower, not the bath, so it wasn't an issue.

3. Room noise - fairly high level of noise is transmitted from room to room, ie telephone calls and TV can be heard from adjacent rooms. One call to the front desk will usually sort out the most objectionable noise.

In summary, should I ever return to TEDA in the future, this will definitely be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you prefer a cooler, quieter room, suggest one on the street side, on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John C

You have been very detailed and I am sure most travelers to TEDA will find this helpful.

You are certainly correct about the warmer side of the building as we transition in and out of winter as we start the hotel heating system. We are looking at window treatment film to see if we can reduce the heat from the Sun on the South/West side of the hotel.

Yours is the second review discussing the hot water, our engineering team is looking into this, I am sure this can be solved.

Lastly thank you for your positive comments on the staff in the hotel, they really appreciate your recognition.