“Excellent - A Must Consier”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westin Tianjin

The Westin Tianjin
Ranked #10 of 1,324 Hotels in Tianjin
Beijing
“Excellent - A Must Consier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great service and location - near subway with easy access to main station (with high speed train connections to many places).
Nearby areas has a god mix of cafes, stores and bars etc. A very good Isetan supermarket with a very good quality basement supermarket etc.
Near the French Concession area of Tianjin so great for morning walking etc..
Great breakfast and very helpful staff.
I did have some problems using the business centre.
Compared to many chain five star hotels this hotel had a bit more personality and warmth to it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and for your great feedback!

My team and I are pleased to hear that you had a Great experience.

We look forward to your next stay with us so we can again leave you feeling rested, energized, enriched and renewed.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Ugur Lee Kanbur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Harrison, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

First- pardon the lateness of this review! We stayed at the Westin for several weeks at the end of 2013 and in finding out we are returning to Tianjin in the upcoming months I realized I neglected to write a review.

We would not have stayed several weeks without this being an excellent property. The Executive team led by the GM "Mr. Lee" is very attentive. The Director of Rooms and the Executive Chef both were pro active in reaching out to us.

I love the location of the hotel- in an area with malls, stores, local restaurants (YY Bar), metro and more.

The star of the hotel is the club team. They make you feel so welcome with a professional friendliness. The club is well stocked with beverages. The food at the time was adequate and after a several week stay can get monotonous. We supplemented with food from the outside and they were generous enough to allow us to eat it along side with their food. The Chef assured us they were looking into a more creative rotation.

Their Italian restaurant has WONDERFUL pizza- try it and you won't be disappointed. The breakfast served in the main restaurant has a huge variety and they are always accommodating.

The rooms are modern and have wonderful natural light. During our stay we had a few small issues in the rooms but they were always addressed by Kevin and his rooms team

This year we look forward to returning to Tianjin, the Westin and the hospitality of the wonderful club team

Room Tip: Corner room for extra natural light is key! Book a Club room!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GoodTravelwithSmiths
TheWestinTianjin102, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Greetings, GoodTravelwithSmiths

Thank you for your loyalty to The Westin Tianjin and it was great to receive your valuable feedback!

I am very happy to hear about your positive experiences. We, as a team, are glad to see you were well rested, energized, enriched and renewed.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Westin Hotel in Tianjin is an excellent place to stay while doing business or visiting the city. The room was very comfortable, and very clean. The staff were first rate, and seemed to go above and beyond the call of duty in every aspect of making sure your stay is enjoyable. From the front line staff who meet you at the door, the check-in staff, right through to the cleaning staff, all provided first rate service.

The restaurant had excellent buffet-type breakfasts in the morning, and the supper offerings could be either buffet or a la carte (the food was good in both cases).

I tried the Italian restaurant located in the hotel a couple of times. The food was good, but not great. The service was quite good though.

Overall, my stay at the Westin Hotel in Tianjin was very enjoyable. If I had any gripes it would be that I found the room quite warm (26 degrees Celsius), and despite turning the thermostat down at night the room remained a bit too warm for comfortable sleeping.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark L
TheWestinTianjin102, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Greetings, Mark L

Thank you for choosing The Westin Tianjin for your recent stay and your positive feedback in relation to our service, facilities and restaurants!

It is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay; although I do apologize for the heating challenges you encountered in your room.
I would like to assure you that we are addressing your feedback with our relevant leaders and have an ongoing program to rectify any technical inconsistencies in the hotel.

I do look forward to seeing you again at The Westin Tianjin.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed here twice while attending major conferences in Tianjin. It is not located anywhere near the convention centres but there are no good options near them anyway. The Westin is well located in downtown, close to city shopping and entertainment. The hotel itself is well designed and interestingly furnished in the edgy idiom. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom is a real treat! Good beds too. Reception staff are very good and service throughout the hotel is a cut above most hotels in China. Restaurant I tried was really good too and when I forgot my reading glasses a staff member rushed over with a box of different strength readers....excellent!

Nearly all of the brands are represented in Tianjin now - I think they even have a St Regis and a Waldorf Astoria - but I shall continue to stay right here.

About taxis in Tianjin....it can be a real drama getting a cab and then trying to settle on a fare. I had an horrific experience trying to get a cab back from the convention centre. Now I get the hotel to collect me from the airport and run me to any distant locations - prices are very reasonable for the quality and certainty of service.

Room Tip: I think they are all good. Remember you are in China, so any views will be hard to see through haze...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin102, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Greetings,Ashley G

Thank you for choosing The Westin Tianjin for your recent stay again and for your positive feedback in relation to our service, facilities and location!

I appreciate your comments regarding your challenges with the Taxi's in Tianjin. It was great to hear about your positive experiences in our hotel. It is our pleasure to look after our guests and make them feel at home.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The chinese hotels are always a good experience, excellent service level, large rooms, very clean and comfortable. The internet access is an issue, however if you consider that the whole country has this problem it is OK.

• Stayed November 2013
TheWestinTianjin102, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Greetings Walter S

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tianjin for your recent visit to Tianjin and I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to hear about your positive experiences in China. My team and i hope you were well rested, energized, enriched and renewed.

We are currently upgrading our internet services, thus on your next stay you will definitely see a positive impact.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Tianjin since 1996. My VP operations found the Westin since he is having to live in China for his work with us. The Westin is definitely a perfect hotel. We were upgraded this visit and the room is actually fantastic. Well done Westin.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin102, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Greetings,AnisaT

Thank you for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your loyalty.

It was great to hear about your positive experiences.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Westin chain stands up to its repute for warm service and memorable experience. I came in around 2am for check in and the room allotment took less than 5 minutes for me. The room was clean and tidy and had a good assortment of mini-bar items. The house keeping services were also very prompt and the staff ensured that my stay was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greetings,Divsin

Thank you for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

It was great to hear about your positive experiences.