The Westin Tianjin
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsheavenly bedpregothe club loungeitalian restaurantmorning and eveningspg hotelshigh markstrain ticketsfinger foodfew minutes walkmassage chairnice hotelduring rush hourclub managerguest servicesplatinum membernanjing road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had just a days work in Tianjin but stayed here for 3 days , as due to some careless planning i ended up in Tianjin for the weekend and not Beijing. I was cursing my lack of foresight , but the first thing the receptionist told me eased my problem. The bullet trains from Tianjin get to Bejing in 33 mins flat !!! I took this train twice over the weekend and managed to see the great wall and the imperial palace while coming back to Tianjin the same day evening.

This hotel is conveniently located about 5 mins from the train station and also was close to my place of work. Rooms are big and comfortable. Breakfast was varied with a lot of options, nothing really to complain. The sights of the area around the train station is quite spectacular at night as the whole place is lit up. Also i think the city planners in Tianjin are quite taken by the various landmark bridges in the world. Most of their bridges are inspired. i saw a replice of the sydney harbor bridge, one which resembled the Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam and one which looked like the Hooghly bridge in Calcutta.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, Online Distribution Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for visit at The Westin Tianjin on September and share your valuable comments! Our management team is very happy to know your feel-well experience at The Westin Tianjin.

We always dedicate on providing the convenience to our guests, both the location and service.
Your comment on guestroom gives us big encouragement. As you may know that all of rooms in hotel set up with furnishings from Herman Millar and the Westin’s signature Heavenly Beds® which are complemented by plush. Our Seasonal Taste restaurant offers an innovative combination of Asian and international cuisine, it is an all day dining restaurant, maybe you could try our lunch or dinner on next visit.

We are so happy that you not only enjoyed your trip in our hotel but also Beijing and Tianjin. These two cities are full of history and modern.

Once again thank you for your comments.

With Best Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2012

After reading the reviews of having access to the executive lounge benefits, I decided to book an executive room for my short trip to Tianjin at Westin Tianjin. On the first day of arrival, there was no one who offered to carry our luggage. Then, no staff offered to explain what kind of lounge benefits we were entitled to until I had to ask and no clear explanation was given (I said this as I had just moved from a five star hotel from Beijing which offered a so much better service than this hotel).
On the first day, we went to the executive lounge. We were somehow being stopped by a non-chinese foreigner male staff to ask for our room number though we can access it through the room card. During the happy hour, a chinese female staff stopped us again though we were able to enter the lounge again by our room card. However, we realised this was not done to others.She even had to call the service counter to enquire if we were actually entitled to the lounge benefits. During the whole happy hour evening, no one offered to pour us any wine, but when it comes to any non chinese foreigners, the two female staff readily offered to pour them wine. Now this kind of incident did not happen once only, the same thing happened again. I was pretty annoyed when a non-chinese foreigner sat beside us on the second evening, the female staff actually signalled to us to ensure we were not too noisy. What's this! We paid the same to be entitled to this kind of service just because we are chinese foreigners?
Another thing which annoyed me was that we sent our winter jacket through the laundry services to be washed. I received my jacket in my room not washed and the pocket was actually torn. I called up the service counter and it was in turn feedback that my jacket was damaged by us before it was sent to them. And the best part, before it was sent, it smelt fine. When it was back in my room, it smelled like salted fish and my whole bedroom was full of salted fish smell. For me, it's fine with a small torn as long as it was mended but the it was not torned by us, why would a five star hotel allowed their staff to cook up such excuses when they had done something wrong. Just admit it and get their job done rather than sending back a smelt-like salted fish jacket back to the room.
Overall, if you are a Chinese foreigner, don't stay in Westin Tianjin as you will not receive the 5-star service that you paid in this hotel.

Room Tip: Try other alternatives as it is really horrible to walk to the nearest shopping mall in the cold winter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank R1234567
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from The Westin Tianjin!
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Tianjin on your recent visit to Tianjin and thank you for sharing your experience through Tripadvisor. Please accept our apologies for not able to meet your expectations during your stay.
At the Westin Tianjin we endeavor to do our best at creating great guest experiences and we really take it to heart when we fail. Practicing inclusion as one of our values, we take pride in treating every guest equally regardless of race, color or religion. We sincerely regret that you felt otherwise while staying with us. As a business hotel, we do have a number of regular guests whom our associates recognize and are familiar with.
Our laundry service has a strict protocol in handling garments with imperfect condition. In this case, we apologize for not confirming with you regarding the condition of the down jacket when it was received.
I’ve personally met with our Executive Club and laundry teams so that experience such as yours does not reoccur.
Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope that you can give us another opportunity on your next visit to Tianjin.
Be Well.
Terry Ko

Reviewed November 21, 2012

It's nice to now that there is a consistent quality of hotel every time you go to a certain city. The Westin in Tianjin is very good, new and well appointed. It's about 500m to a shopping area (walking mall) that seems to go on forever. Also close to a European 'concession' which is worth a walk.
Very nice hotel overall and great amenities. Very good conference site for small to medium events as we experienced.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very pleasant experience while in tianjin for a conference. Only downside was that the conference centre was well out of downtown, but the hotel itself was good, very nice rooms, good service, decent breakfast (included in conference price). Wireless internet was pretty slow and the fitness centre didn't cater for jet-lagged travellers up far to early, leaving us to jog on the treadmills in near-darkness as the light switch was impossible to find (in the dark).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor. Our management team is very happy to know your feel-well experience at The Westin Tianjin. But I apologize that our internet speed didn't meet your expection. Our hotel internet speed increased to 40M now.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed there with my friends as we don't speak English, we hardly found staff could speak English there, had some meals in lobby restaurant staffs were not so friendly as 5 stars hotel, and I tried the spa was terrific, the services, the environment, the smell of the room. I think that is the best spa in town, it is a bit expensive but it is worth it. I like the food in Chinese restaurant on the fourth floor also. I will come back for food there and definitely for the spa.

Room Tip: higher floor recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor. Our management team is very happy to know your feel-well experience of Spa and Chinese restaurant at The Westin Tianjin.Please rest assured that we will do our best to improve our associates' English and service.