“Excellent hotel”
Review of The Westin Tianjin

The Westin Tianjin
Ranked #5 of 1,358 Hotels in Tianjin
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very pleasant experience while in tianjin for a conference. Only downside was that the conference centre was well out of downtown, but the hotel itself was good, very nice rooms, good service, decent breakfast (included in conference price). Wireless internet was pretty slow and the fitness centre didn't cater for jet-lagged travellers up far to early, leaving us to jog on the treadmills in near-darkness as the light switch was impossible to find (in the dark).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor. Our management team is very happy to know your feel-well experience at The Westin Tianjin. But I apologize that our internet speed didn't meet your expection. Our hotel internet speed increased to 40M now.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed there with my friends as we don't speak English, we hardly found staff could speak English there, had some meals in lobby restaurant staffs were not so friendly as 5 stars hotel, and I tried the spa was terrific, the services, the environment, the smell of the room. I think that is the best spa in town, it is a bit expensive but it is worth it. I like the food in Chinese restaurant on the fourth floor also. I will come back for food there and definitely for the spa.

Room Tip: higher floor recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor. Our management team is very happy to know your feel-well experience of Spa and Chinese restaurant at The Westin Tianjin.Please rest assured that we will do our best to improve our associates' English and service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel which is very well located in Tianjin, we were taking a cruise so keep in mind distance to port is a 2 hour drive, anyways, the hotel is very luxurious, very affordable, and service is amazing, we were very pleased with our stay. We had a minor inconvenience with our reservation, but it was the fault of our travel agency, regardless, one of their employees, from Argentina a guy named Juani Baiutti, was like fresh air, he was so professional and helpful, trying to help me solve my problem, he was available always and instructed for staff to call him if I inquire about him, it was nice to have him helped us, he even took me to the business lounge to access my email to search for information about my reservation. Buffet was excellent at breakfast, a lot of variety and hotel was beyond beautiful, room was super nice and very big, it was like a suite,, so definitely I recommend this hotel to stay in Tianjin, we even requested a late checkout and was given to us since we doing tours before departing to port, they allowed us to have the room until 2 pm

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, so no mistake in which room you are asign
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was arranged a corner room, which surprised found out: carpet was damaged by cigarette end, towel was in bad condition, Bose didn't link each other properly, the bed was not tidy as a cleans room supposed to be. The picture frame over toilet was even broken. Trouble..., I should be wise enough to choose something else in Tianjin, but totally not this one.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor.Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during this visit.Please rest assured that we will do our best to improve our room conditions.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The TJ Westin was my home away from home for 4 nights on an abbreviated business trip. Good marks all around, very decent breakfast buffet, although a touch pricey. There are not a lot of options close by at this time of day, so it is what it is. The welcoming experience was solid, the rooms very comfortable and clean. There's a common seating area in the lobby that also offered light dining, and this proved a great meeting spot for our group. Internet was fine, although never free in Asia in my experience. There's a Latin Bar with abbreviated hours, we did not get a chance to take this in.

We had an issue not related to the hotel where we needed some assistance, and both Juani; and hotel management stepped up; and assisted our team to the best of their ability. This is huge in a setting when you are on the other side of the world, and don't fully understand local custom and how things "get done". High marks here!

While I did not use the Spa, one of our team did; and gave it high marks. Overall; a great experience. Sometimes we all have to take a step back when language differences exist; have more patience than normal; and with some perseverance, things usually work out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Heard about westin long time ago, assumed that it would be a nice 5 star hotel brand. But got disappointed right after arrived at the hotel entrance. The bell boy was just standing beside me waiting and watching me took out all the three luggage from the taxi trunk, after all the luggage were on the ground, he said to me: let me help you with the luggage. Oh, i think I would feel better if he say nothing. The only reply is: no thanks! The linens are not that white and soft. Don't know the position of westin, but doesn't deserve the price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ken_BX1
TheWestinTianjin101, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during this visit. I regret that you feel that you have not received the good services when you arrive at the hotel.Please rest assured that we will do our best to improve our service of our associates.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

All in all the stay was good but You can see that this hotel is not yet up to international standards:

- Breakfast buffet on a Sunday was not very relaxing but it was more a fight about getting a table and food
- Frontdesk staff was not always very attentive

The highlight for me was that as I visited the swimming pool, I needed to purchase a swim cap. I would have expected a 5 star hotel at this price to supply swim caps for their residents for free.

The rooms very very good and also big.

The concierge recommened us two restaurants. One was good and meeting our requirements. The secound was a hotpot and not as required a seafood restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and share your comments via Trip Advisor.Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations during this visit.Please rest assured that we will do our best to improve our service in the future.