I'll mention only the negative points because I agree with all the positive ones that other people have mentionned already, so I won't go through them again. My goal here is to share only the negative points, please understand I'm not unpleased about this hotel at all, I'm only giving the negative points because otherwise I have nothing to add to the positive ones..
- too expensive, for restaurant or spa. I currently live in thailand where massages are cheap, here it is out of question that I will spend 10 times as much for a quality that I don't know of. I asked for a discount to no availability, so I didn't try it. For restaurant also the prices are crazy, you get a 100 RMB discount (if you buy minimum 200 RMB) but I didn't use it, plenty of good restaurant reasonably priced just accross the street.
- the swimming pool. I stayed in this hotel 4 weeks. During my first 15 days booking the pool was under repair, not available, this wasn't mentionned when I booked the hotel, so imagine if I wanted this hotel because of the pool, I would have been screwed over, not fair.
- the internet. In the room you don't have any wireless access, so it's only a RJ45 cable, if your computer doesn't have one (macair for instance) it's finished. Same if you have several devices you have to find a way, personally I used Connectify software on my main computer so I would easily share the internet connection through wifi. Other than that there is the problem of the china firewall, but with torproject.org you can still get around it, so that was ok too and not the hotel fault.
- the key card. On MANY occasions I had to go to the lobby right after going to my room, why? Because the electronic key card was not working. Each time they reset it and it works for a few days, then I have the same problem. On one occasion I went up, it didn't work, I went down, asked for a reset, went back up, iddn't work, went down, then someone came with me and this time the other key worked,, for how long I don't know I'm still in the hotel.
- location was not an issue for me as I'm not doing tourism or even business, I'm just here for a few weeks. I like the fact that a supermarket wallmart and several restaurant are just accross the road, so I can have a routine of eating there after fitness.
Ok, I said I would talk only about negative points, but in fact I want to emphasize the fitness room. I go there everyday and it is really good. Of course the sauna wasn't working for the first 10 days, along with the swimming pool, but the equipement looks brand new and I wish I had this same fitness room back in thailand. The cardio equipement is all touch screen with cable tv, which makes it really easy to do 1h or more, especially if you check on the internet for the schedule on starmovies or cinemax and go to the gym at the start of a movie, then you can follow one movie and get one day's exercice without too much thinking about it, nice.
that's it, as you see there isn't many negative points, but I felt I should mention them, hope it is useful to whoever is reading this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tian Cheng Hotel Tianjin is centrally located nearby Ligonglou cross-bridge, Metro Line 2 is just opposite of Hotel, only 1 stop by metro to the transportation hub of Tianjin Train Station which has an easy access to the Tianjin-Beijing Bullet train and exchange to Metro Line 3 & Line 9. It takes 20 minutes drive to Tianjin International Airport. Tianjin Economic Development Area Commercial Convention Centers, cultural landmarks, including the Ancient Cultural Street, Italian Concession, Jin Wan Plaza, Hai River and The Five Avenue European Concessions are all within easy reach. The rooms and suites have been carefully designed to ensure guests' comfort and convenience, amenities include broadband internet access, free WiFi, large work station and separate shower and bath. In addition to the comfortable accommodation, hotel Gym is fully equipped with luxury Italian Treadmills together with the indoor swimming pool of natural lights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Radisson Tianjin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.