“I'll mention only the negative points”
Review of Radisson Tianjin

Radisson Tianjin
Ranked #30 of 1,328 Hotels in Tianjin
Pattaya
“I'll mention only the negative points”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I'll mention only the negative points because I agree with all the positive ones that other people have mentionned already, so I won't go through them again. My goal here is to share only the negative points, please understand I'm not unpleased about this hotel at all, I'm only giving the negative points because otherwise I have nothing to add to the positive ones..
- too expensive, for restaurant or spa. I currently live in thailand where massages are cheap, here it is out of question that I will spend 10 times as much for a quality that I don't know of. I asked for a discount to no availability, so I didn't try it. For restaurant also the prices are crazy, you get a 100 RMB discount (if you buy minimum 200 RMB) but I didn't use it, plenty of good restaurant reasonably priced just accross the street.
- the swimming pool. I stayed in this hotel 4 weeks. During my first 15 days booking the pool was under repair, not available, this wasn't mentionned when I booked the hotel, so imagine if I wanted this hotel because of the pool, I would have been screwed over, not fair.
- the internet. In the room you don't have any wireless access, so it's only a RJ45 cable, if your computer doesn't have one (macair for instance) it's finished. Same if you have several devices you have to find a way, personally I used Connectify software on my main computer so I would easily share the internet connection through wifi. Other than that there is the problem of the china firewall, but with torproject.org you can still get around it, so that was ok too and not the hotel fault.
- the key card. On MANY occasions I had to go to the lobby right after going to my room, why? Because the electronic key card was not working. Each time they reset it and it works for a few days, then I have the same problem. On one occasion I went up, it didn't work, I went down, asked for a reset, went back up, iddn't work, went down, then someone came with me and this time the other key worked,, for how long I don't know I'm still in the hotel.
- location was not an issue for me as I'm not doing tourism or even business, I'm just here for a few weeks. I like the fact that a supermarket wallmart and several restaurant are just accross the road, so I can have a routine of eating there after fitness.

----

Ok, I said I would talk only about negative points, but in fact I want to emphasize the fitness room. I go there everyday and it is really good. Of course the sauna wasn't working for the first 10 days, along with the swimming pool, but the equipement looks brand new and I wish I had this same fitness room back in thailand. The cardio equipement is all touch screen with cable tv, which makes it really easy to do 1h or more, especially if you check on the internet for the schedule on starmovies or cinemax and go to the gym at the start of a movie, then you can follow one movie and get one day's exercice without too much thinking about it, nice.

that's it, as you see there isn't many negative points, but I felt I should mention them, hope it is useful to whoever is reading this.

Room Tip: take the minimum price from agoda, it is not on the river side view, but if you take high floor it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BestReviewerCom
Xavier L, at Radisson Tianjin, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear BestReviewerCom,

First of all, we would like thank you for your feedback. We continually make every effort to achieve the highest of standards and receiving observations from our guest reinforces our commitment to excellence and 100% guest satisfaction. It is extremely disheartening that service team does not pay enough attention to your comfort during your stay.
Unfortunately our hotel rooms are not equipped of Wi-Fi. Limited router Wi-Fi is available at reception on the request. During your next visit, do not hesitate to request a router Wi-Fi during your reservation; we will pleased to set up in your room.
On behalf of our entire team of the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Tianjin, we would like to thank you to stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again, when your travels bring you back to Tianjin.
Sincerely
Xavier Lenfant – Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as I wanted to see another area in China other than just Beijing.
The hotel itself is quite nice and the service is quite good as you would expect from a chain hotel of this standard.

The rooms are well decorated and obviously targeted more at business travellers than tourists with a good office style desk and work area in the room I had.
The food and overall service in the hotel was good but the breakfast was a little expensive so try to get a room rate with that included, I also found hotel booking sites like Agoda have the best rates and are almost always cheaper than the hotels rates advertised on their own web site.

About the only fault I could find with this place is its location.
If you are in Tianjin as a tourist there is not a lot to see or do close to this hotel.
On the plus side it is not all that far from the Tianjin railway station and close to the light rail station and taxi travel in China is generally quite cheap as well but there is not really anything within walking distance of this hotel for tourists or shoppers.

So if you are a business traveller to Tianjin this is probably a good option however if you are a tourist and like walking and being close to attractions and shopping this hotel may not be the best option for you.

Room Tip: There seems to be quite a few Chinese wedding receptions held at this hotel and they like to let off...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Baz W
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for only one night, but I liked it. The room was clean, and the front desk staff was helpful. The hotel is 15-minute walk from the main train station and the stop of the airport shuttle. However, you have to walk to these places with your luggage because taxi drivers in Tianjin typically refuse to carry passengers for such short distances. So, its “convenient” location also creates inconveniences for some guests. There are a number of restaurants and a Wal-Mart store right across the hotel, which is convenient. The breakfast buffet offers many good choices, and the quality of food is very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xcschlr
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Typical Radisson big city hotel--large room, very good bathroom, serene decor. Large lobby. Extensive but mediocre quality breakfast. Convenient location for High Speed Train, financial district. Excellent restaurant across the street for entertaining colleagues and clients. On the other hand, it was entirely a foreign contingent staying in the hotel. There is a lot of construction in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor and facing away from the construction if you will be in during the day.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank happyfeet91
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had the feeling the hotel wasn't very busy. On arrival got upgraded to a Business Class Room. The lounge wasn't available, but staff said to use the lobby bar and order from there what you like. The location was close to the fast train railway station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Delta777jet
Long Beach, California
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here for business for 2 nights. I was generally out of the hotel/room except for breakfast and to sleep. Lovely room, nicely decorated and spacious, good internet service and space to work. I'm not sure what type of room I had. I'm generally a bit of a hotel snob when it comes to how rooms are decorated/updated etc, and I liked this room. Service was good, quick check, quick check out and the people in the breakfast restaurant kept up with my many coffee requests in the morning.

Great breakfast, in fact the best coffee that I have had so far and I have been at 3 different hotels in a week - proper expresso coffee, plenty of selection for breakfast.

I cannot comment on the surrounding area, attractions etc

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alicemac41
USA
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions. The first time I was extremely pleased and surprised with how nice it is. I had a drink at the bar with a friend, which was empty and boring. The second time I stayed here in October 2011, there was noisy construction across the street. They shut down at night, but it makes the environment a little worse. What's best about the hotel is the condition and size of the rooms, and that you can walk to the riverside, which is beautiful at night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JGG10
GM-RadissonPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Tianjin, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear JGG10,

Our thanks for your feedback. With the additional of a pool table we had hoped that we would create a more interactive atmosphere in the bar, we will explore other options to make the bar a little more comfortable. Much of the heavy construction work has been completed with the near finishing of the Metro and the foundation work completed directly over the road, please accept my apologies for the noise during your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Tianjin in the near future, please let us know when your next trip to Tianjin is and our team here will make sure your stay is a comfortable one.

With best regards,