Tripadvisor
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Sunflower Tours
from $120.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked the tour with quite a thought as initially found a bit expensive but the Tour was worth the Money and the memories and information we got for One of the Great Wonders of the world THE GREAT WALL of CHINA..

I have Others (Pyramids/Colosseum etc but it was always a great experience with Good Tour guide).

Our tour Guide (English) Miss Maggie was very jovial friendly and knowledgeable .She had clicked beautiful pictures for us without any hesitation.A great thanks and kudos to her.

As it was my first experience with SNOW she helped to create best of its memory with pictures n videos.

BEST tour from Tianjin for Great WALL!!!!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Short Story:

Our experience with Sunflower Tours/Miss.Maggie was really great.

Book this tour without any 2nd thought, Miss.Maggie was like a Chinese friend than a tour guide.

Long Story:

Today, we got to see Great wall of China with a Professional, Great, Awesome, Friendly, Jovial tour guide Miss. Maggie. Tour was to our 100% satisfaction, well planned and well executed by Maggie and Sunflower team. Maggie was at the hotel lobby prompt for pickup from the hotel lobby towards local train station towards Beijing Station. After we got off from the train and cab driver was already waiting for us in the arrival area to pick us up and within few minutes we started our journey towards the great wall. Bottled water was supplied to us and Maggie ensured we're comfortable and started narrating all the history about Beijing city and Great wall. We reached Great wall accordingly to the scheduled time 12:30 pm. Then we headed towards cable car en route to top where we get to see the Great Wall and witness the immense structure that sprawls miles and miles long. Maggie took all our pics with smile on her face (For ~210 pics :-D) throughout the stay at Great Wall. We started our journey back after spending ~2:30 minutes at Great Wall, traffic was worse than expected but, it was handled very professionally by Maggie and she booked us a different train and dropped us at the hotel as per the plan.

Kudos to Miss.Maggie once again and wish to be part of a different tour when we get to travel back to China, in future.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 17, 2019

My husband and I were picked up at our cruise ship (Oceania) by Miss Lina and a driver and taken to Beijing’s Forbidden City by car and train. We walked through the Forbidden City and were told of its fascinating history and culture. Her English was perfect! She took us all the way back to to ship when the tour was finished. We would gladly return and ask for her again. In fact we are thinking of sending her our granddaughter who speaks Mandarin for a week when she is in high school. Miss Lina was very friendly and very informative and we would recommend this tour to everyone, especially if you have a limited time in Beijing. We saw the best part!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed November 2, 2019

My husband and I, with two friends booked two private days with Sunflower, being picked up each day from our ship, The Azamara Quest docked in Tianjin.
It was a long journey from the port (3hours) but we had a very comfortable vehicle and Sunflower entertained us with lots of information about China and all the places we were seeing about us.
The wall at Huangua Pass was spectacular . Amazingly we had it almost to ourselves.
Everything about the day was very well organised. Sunflower had lunch with my husband and our friend Billy in a local restaurant which they really enjoyed. My friend Mary and I remained in our vehicle as I had a bad back and Mary had a bad knee and after the exertions on the wall we needed to rest!!!
The roads were amazing. Long straight highways going on forever.
The following day we were being taken to Beijing by Bullitt train with the strict proviso that we must be back at the dock by four pm.
Unfortunately the train station is a long way from the port and because of fog the road we needed to take was closed which meant that it took two and a half hours to get to the station. Once there the security was incredible. Two lots of showing our passports and three lots of baggage checks. This was because the big holiday parade was taking place the following week in Beijing. Finally we were on the train, in business class seats and the experience was amazing. The seats allowed you to virtually lie flat. Tea was provided and snacks. Also slippers. I was sorry that the journey time was only 30 mins. We reached speeds of nearly 350k
Because of the delays caused by the weather we only had one hour in Beijing but the driver showed us as much as we could see in that short time. The Forbidden City was closed and Tiannamen (?) sq was tightly secured because of the upcoming parade.
However we managed a visit to the Temple of Heaven which was a sublime experience.
. Sunflower had us back on our train in time and we arrived back at the ship in good time.
Sunflower was so lovely. Kind and thoughtful and it was quite amazing how she got us through all the various queues in Tianjin Station and onto our train for Beijing. I’m quite sure we would have wandered around for days if we had to navigate the way to the train on our own! Although we missed out on Beijing the experience of negotiating our way through the station was amazing.
My husband had wanted to go back each night to sleep on the boat but if I were making the trip again I would have an overnight stop in Beijing which would cut out much of the travelling. However the section of the wall we visited was so wonderful I’m glad we travelled there from Tianjin port and not to the much more crowded sections visited from Beijing.
All in all we would have no hesitation in recommending Sunflower and her team. We felt very well cared for during our two days.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank GrannyLondon
Reviewed April 19, 2019

This experience was sensational with our tour guide Maggie. Everything was arranged from pick up from ship to return. Maggie was very informative. If you want a good experience book through Sunflower Tours and hope you get Maggie.

Date of experience: March 2019