“Location, Comfortable!”

Holiday Inn Express Tianjin City Center
Ranked #32 of 1,341 Hotels in Tianjin
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel is centrally located. Near to most of the main attraction. You got to tell the taxi the exact location as there’s another Holiday Inn express Riverside nearby. For non-Chinese speaking tourist, I would suggest you to write the Chinese name of the hotel on a paper to show to the driver as most of them doesn’t know the hotel’s English name.

The room is big and cozy. Nicely designed room. The bed has 2 diff type of pillow: soft and firm! Everything is so good until we had their breakfast the next day! To be honest, that was the most horrible breakfast I ever had in a hotel. Very LIMITED choice and all of them are tasteless. Only thing eatable is the bread. Drinks are all tasteless too. And totally no meat at all. Will come back to this hotel again, but will never take their breakfast again. Many restaurants round the corner of the hotel. Walk out abit to get some better food. There’s a street market round the corner of the hotel with a lot of stalls selling cheap clothing.

It sure worth the price that you paid!

Room Tip: Higher floor has better view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fancyful
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tianjin City Center

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my company's annuel party 2012, the hotel is newly builded and mostly very comfortable.
The Room is not big, but quite clean. The location is not the best but can also reach other places easily.
The only thing which is not good is breakfast, not many choices.
Anyway, the hotel is very nice for budget travellers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel is located very centrally, minutes away from the Tianjin Eye and Anicent Culture street, and most other tourist attractions are less than 10 minutes away by taxi. West Railway station (for high speed train) is pretty close as well.

Room is slightly bigger than most Holiday Inn Express in China that I have been to. Decoration is overall the same as other Holiday Inn Express but interestingly retained some dark wood decor which I guess was from original older decoration. Beds in IHG group are always good and this is no difference, sleep quality is nice.

One gripe I have with them is the fact the aircon is so hot and suffocating that it makes me sweat like a pig at night; this is quite common for Holiday Inn/Express I have been to, they do not turn on cold air until April or so (I can understand for this particular time as Tianjin was fluctuating from 8c to 25c during my stay, but at least give me the option of just fan instead of 28c hot air).

There was also an incident when the hiusekeeping forgot to clean my room after I stayed in the a bit too late one day (2pm), I got back at 11pm to discover that I was out of bottle water and towels, the reception did reacted promptly (first saying housekeeping was off already but then was self initiated enough to take some from another room and delivered it to me within 10 mins) and the case was handled professionally and politely.

For the price it is a very nice little hotel worth considering if you are in Tianjin

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank markhongkong
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The highlight of this hotel is definitely the staff. The staffs are SO helpful in recommending places of attractions and always doing it with a big smile. It seemed that I have a 'staff' that followed through all my inquiries, from check in to providing answers. The amazing staff is named Sunny. She really does live up to her name =)

I do appreciate the difference in the pillows, tagged soft and firm. Love the wide variety of international channels in our tv box, SOFT beds (super rare in China) and appreciated it that they are environmentally conscious as well! On top of that, we think it is really cool to see a iphone radio charger in the room! Wifi works great in our room too.

We had a peaceful night rest with the thick curtains that really prevented the sun rays from entering our room.

Location wise, it is very near the train station and we didn't walk to any of the attractions though it's very near. We took the mini vehicles outside the hotels and on the road as it was too sunny! It is really affordable and easy to get around.

Hotel breakfast was okay. Not exactly fantastic but you get a wide spread of variety enough to fill your stomach.

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Tianjin!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Check in was not the smoothest. They took a while to find out my reservation details in spite of me booking through Priority Club website. Room was typically Holiday Inn Express, small but pretty neat and clean.

Location of the hotel is very good. It's just 3 mins walk to the river and another 5 mins to the Tianjin Ferris Wheel. The hotel is pretty close to the Railway Station where the high speed trains operate.

The staff where quite friendly specially at the breakfast where there was very little sitting space. B'fast is just adequate. Over all its a good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arnab1978
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We splurged and opted for a "hotel" instead of a hostel for a weekend trip to tianjin. We live in China so perhaps my expectations are lower than most Americans. I thought this hotel was lovely! Close to the ancient cultural street, easy to grab a cab to most anyplace else. Room was beautiful and we (my 10 year old and I) thought the breakfast was great (coffee!!!!! not used to getting that in China). Only gripe was the pool and gym were both closed (even though the official hotel website did say gym was available) and since the labels for pool and gym were removed from elevator, I suspect this has been going on for a while. Staff had "reasonable" English (this is where hostels excel....most staff at hostels have superb English skills).

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This being the Holiday Inn, the term "adequate" sums it up. No surprises here. Nothing too luxurious but clean and efficient. Location was adequate for my purpose. The breakfast buffet was ok but note that it is cheaper to order room service than take the buffet that offers limited choice.
The room was clean, internet worked well but the fan in the bathroom was not very strong. I also never managed to change my room temperature no matter how low I turned down the thermostat. But nothing unusual for this hotel category.
I went to the pool. Chemical content was much too strong as it burned my lips. I guess that they need to add a lot of chemicals with the Chinese clients spitting in the water despite the warning signs. Quite a turn-off that got me out of the water quickly.
Finally, at the time of my stay the hotel was under renovation. Being totally covered by scaffoldings you are asked not to open your curtains to get some privacy. You can't see a thing any ways if you open your curtains, can't even tell the weather. It can get depressing after a few days if you need to stay in your room to do some work.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JPDeM