“Nice hotel in a nice neighbourhood”

South China Harbour Horizon Hotel
Ranked #458 of 1,325 Hotels in Tianjin
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice hotel in a nice neighbourhood”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Really nice hotel in a nice neighbourhood not too far from the station and the city center. Staff was really friendly and I think they spoke a little English. Considering the price, it is really good value for the money.

Breakfast is mainly Chinese and most of the other guests were Chinese and other Asians when I stayed there, but it is possible to get a fairly good sandwich either in the Western Restaurant or as room service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We were at this hotel twice in the last month for our honeymoon. My wife is Chinese so I didnt have any language problems!
The overall impression on first walking into the hotel is good. Nice lobby and the bell hop staff helped with the luggage without any encouragement or pushyness if you didnt want them to carry something. Check in was painless and the staff had enough English to explain the check in process, this was easy for my of course with my own translator anyway. We had booked a larger room (not sure if its classed as a suite) this had a large queensize bed and a second kingsize bed for the little one. There was a glass writing desk which also had the internet access lead (internet is free) there is no wireless in the hotel but this wasnt a problem and the speed was ok. The TV on both rooms we stayed in was about 37inch but no English channels, not really a problem as I just used the laptop and the picture quality was brilliant (an issue with the hotel distribution system I think) Bathroom was large, separate walk in shower and bath. Shower had both a fixed overhead shower and a more standard removable shower. Good pressure although on the second stay the hotel must have been quieter as hot water took a while to come through. A quick mention that on our second stay the flexible shower had a pipe split one morning throwing water in all directions. A call to reception and a replacement was fitted within 30 minutes! now that was service. The only downside about the room was the carpet, it was quite marked. In fact this seemed the norm in most places we visited in Tianjin. I can only guess it is the high smog levels that means its near on impossible to keep clean. This would also be a critisism of the western styled restaurant where you had breakfast. The carpets were marked as were many of the chairs. I would point out that all surfaces, tables etc were imaculate so I had no concerns over the cleanliness of the hotel just it was let down by the look of carpets and chairs. Breakfast was ok, not really western but they have an egg chef for fried eggs or an omelete. They will also do noodles if you want them. Most of the other options are chinese. I normally had bacon, eggs and toast, chicken sausage doesnt really appeal to me on a morning! Tea and coffee is available but I would avoid the coffee, not great! also the tea is quite weak but I found this in many places in China. Watch out for the hot milk as well, thats a weird experience on cornflakes! Other good points were the housekeeping, they noticed we had used milk for the little one and the next day they supplied the same make. A nice touch! Bell hops always sorted a cab out if you needed one although they are never far. A nice supermarket is 2 minutes walk if you need anything as well. Not much to say about the area as we never went out there, certainly seemed ok. We paid just over £30 per night including breakfast so for the money it was a bargain, Ive certainly paid far more for far less in the UK.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family