“Wonderful place and people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Kenai Riverbend Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Soldotna
St Paul, MN
“Wonderful place and people”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Kenai Riverbend Resort for 3 nights and 2 days of fishing in early June.
From the time we made inquiries during the winter about a possible trip until we left the lodge we had excellent help and service.
Don and John are very efficient, friendly and seem to really enjoy their work. Their families work there and everyone is very helpful.
The weather wasn't the greatest but they tried very hard to help us catch fish.
We stayed in a cabin that was very clean and spacious. It was nice to have a grill for making dinner. The breakfast provided in the lodge was very good and adequate before heading out to go fishing.
We would definitely recommend this resort and hope to return some day.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PascalJo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Because my sister and I had already caught our halibut limit in Homer and were only on the Kenai Peninsula for a week, we passed on fishing with the folks here at the resort. This did NOT diminish our thoughts about our stay here for one moment. Upon check-in, we were greeted by Dohn (sorry if I got it wrong, Don!) and offered a much-needed welcome gift (a small gesture which remains between us and him), and thoroughly enjoyed the comforts of the #7 Chum cabin (it's all about the salmon, and then some!). Even though we did not fish, we were just as content watching other happy individuals fish off the bank for a fresh meal, and lucky enough to see a huge moose. Dohn provided us with a wealth of information re: outdoor locations to visit in the area (marshes, wildlife, rivers, etc), a great place to eat, and even sockeye-loaded rivers along the roads leading to our next destination. Of course, the stay wouldn't have been complete withouth the guests who gathered around the campfire sharing some great "big-fish" stories. A wonderful stay!! We too, will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank L M
Folsom, California
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and son spent 4 nights with 2 days of fishing with Kenai Riverbend Resort. They were fantastic. The accommodations in the cabin were great for our group. The fishing was even better. The guides were very friendly and very knowledgeable. The owner, Don, did a great job to accommodate us. I got sick the day before we left. We were planning to fish the first day, but due to my illness, Don was able to rearrange our trip to give us our free day the first day and then two days of fishing. We also changed from King fishing to Sockeye as the Kings had stopped running by the time we got there. Each day they gave us some of our fish to BBQ at the cabin and did a great job fileting and packaging the fish for our trip home.

We will be back and we will use Don at Kenai Riverbend Resort again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank doug z
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Never having been to Alaska to fish I did several weeks of research on-line. Finally decided on another place at first but the people did not respond promptly to my emails. I sent an email to Kenai Riverbend Resort and got a reply within 5 minutes. I called and talked with them and decided we would book. Are we glad we did!!! We stayed for 6 days and had the trip of a lifetime. The entire staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and to make our trip the best it could possibly be. They provided us at no charge fishing poles to use when we were not out on a charter along with boots and waders. The charters they setup for us were exceptional. We not only fished the Kenai River but we also went Halibut Fishing out of a town just north of Homer and we went to Seward and experienced a world class charter that included silver salmon, yellow eye, ling cod and rock fish. Never thought I could get tired of catching fish but I almost did. Once we got back to the Lodge their fish house took our fish, filleted them, vacuum packed and froze them for us. When we got ready to leave they were all packed in an insulated box ready for the flight home. We brought home 142 lbs of fillets!! We had a fly-in fishing trip on a float plane and we had a blast catching sockeyes. While fishing for the sockeyes, they began their journey up a very shallow and narrow rock bottom stream. Almost immediately bears came out to enjoy a fresh catch of lunch. What a bonus sight to enjoy. The cabins are clean and well equipped for the stay. We ate breakfast in the lodge or in our cabin and ate dinner in town. We made a lunch to take with us fishing each day. Although the fishing was outstanding I think the best part of the trip was the hospitality of the entire staff from the owners and guides to the fish house employees and housekeeping. They truly made us feel like family. The pricing is extremely reasonable and I am sure there is no way I could have booked all the charters and cabin for anything close to their package price. The lodge is family owned and has been around for 30 years. Several of the other people that were there while we were had been coming for numerous years. That alone is a great statement on the quality of the fishing trip. I hope to go back in 2-3 years to fish the Alaskan waters again. I will be booking my trip at Kenai River Bend Resort. If you are looking for a great fishing experience you don't need to look any further. These people are the real deal!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the log cabins. All of them have great access to the water and docks. Make sure to brin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Charlietuna1954
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This our first time at Kenai Riverbend Resort and it will not be the last. We already decided to go back in two years.
Dohn and his family run a first class resort. The staff were always around to help out and Dohn made everything easy helping us plan our trip. The cabins were great. Everything was supplied to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We especially enjoyed the bar-b-que to cook our freshly caught fish.
The guides were professionally and knew wher to get the fish the equipment was top knotch and trouble free. Shipping our fish was simple, drop it off after a day of fishing and had it shipped when we left.
Thank you Dohn and Kenai Riverbend Resort

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DMW5271956
Pismo Beach
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Kenai Riverbend Lodge and Cabins are Clean, wonderful setting on the river, and excellent fishing charters. The staff is what makes this operation so great. You are treated as family and they work so hard to take care of your wants and needs. The cabins are very comfortable. Breakfasts are simple, which was a perfect start to a day on the water. The staff was very friendly and intent that you had an great fishing vacation. I couldn't have had a better time. I would recommend KRR to friends. We met people who have been returning to KRR year after year. We all brought home more than enough halibut.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in cabin 5. It was great, lots of room. Kitchens were well equipped and each cabin has it's own BBQ outside. My mother stayed in the lodge and they had free coffee, tea, oatmeal,ice and the guy who said they didn't... I think he was talking about another place entirely... The owners were great. Treated us like family and we would return for sure to go fishing.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Guinnavere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
Kenai River Lodge
Waterfall Resort Alaska
#4 of 10 in Ketchikan
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Best Western King Salmon Motel

Been to Kenai Riverbend Resort? Share your experiences!