“Good location, adequate lodging, crabby owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Krog's Kamp Lodge and Cabins
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good location, adequate lodging, crabby owners”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

If you want to pull fish out of the river and walk back to your cabin - you can do it here. But don't expect a friendly hello when you show up. Based on the crabby attitude of the innkeeper, I honestly wouldn't have stayed there had I not been with a big group.
On the plus side, they do have free laundry which helps when you have smelly fish clothes to wash. The hot tub looked inviting, and there is a nice fish cleaning table that you can use if they let you. At first they told us we couldn't use it - then later said we could. I thought it was very pricey.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank kkmo
krogskamp, Owner at Krog's Kamp Lodge and Cabins, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
The year before this post, I had asked a guest to please leave my property after they refused to adhere to our Fish and Game laws. The guest was not happy when they were told that they could not trade away the fish that they had dip netted which is reserved for residents only. They had harvested the fish and had more than they wanted and were trading them to non-residents for sport caught clams - against the law. When they were told they could not do that, the guest got very angry and was screaming at me. At this point, I told her to please get he fish and depart my property. The guest was not charged for her lodging for the two nights they had stayed here. She threatened to "ruin us on the internet". The only guest who met the criteria for being here with a group as was indicated in this post, was this person and I am certain that this is the person who wrote this evaluation. If you have any questions regarding this incident please contact us.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Our spur of the moment fishing vacation directed us to Krog's Kamp, located in the heart of the Kenai River in Soldotna, AK. We could not have been happier. This property is a first class operation that includes everything necessary to have the vacation of a lifetime in Alaska. The location is perfect for catching world class Kenai king salmon and red salmon. Vacuum packing of your fresh catch is availabe on the premises. The owners make you feel like family. The employees are all happy and very helpful. The choices for lodging vary from one to upwards of forty plus.

If your dreams are not on the property, the owners have access to everything you could possibly want to do anywhere in Alaska.

I highly recommend Krog's Kamp for an Alaskan vacation of a lifetime. I am an outfitter with Cabela's and know my outdoors.

Their web site is www.krogskamp.com.

• Liked — Wide open spaces
  • Disliked — Did not stay long enough
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cabopapa