“And here I thought I wouldn't be eating great Mexican food once I left California...”

Acapulco Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 63 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Mexican
Loma Linda, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Chicken Chipotle is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a gallon of the sauce alone when I was hosting a dinner party one Christmas, it was that good!! Great mushrooms, too! Very good, hearty food.

Chicago, Illinois
“Above average for Soldotna”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

But barely average by national standards. Guacamole was bland and salsa nothing special. Ordered seafood fajitas and seafood chipolte; both dishes were adequately prepared but "seafood" meant several shrimp and very little halibut (or anything else). Given Soldotna's other restaurants, this is a reasonable option, especially if you use their 2 for 1 coupon in the northern lights coupon book.

Sterling, Alaska
“One of our FAVORITES in Soldotna!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We love this restaurant! The food is always great Mexican..& seems to me to be authentic Mexican!...the staff are unfailingly polite & helpful, and the restaurant is always clean and welcoming. Best of all, you can get a discount on a second entrée if you stop at Fred Meyer's first and look on the back of your receipt.

1 Thank denalihalibut
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food, plenty of it & service with a smile.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Very enjoyable meal. We received attentive and efficient service. Our waitress, Alinna, provided service with a smile. Everyone there seemed happy and helpful.
Food portions were more than ample.
I chose the two item ala carte dinner that came with a large chicken tamale that was very tasty and one of the best crisp chicken tacos ever. I am going back to try the halibut tacos, as there is abundant fresh halibut in the area. Caught several nice halibut and kept two myself yesterday.
But back to the restaurant review: The salsa (promptly refilled when low) tasted fresh and flavorful and was not at all taste bud numbingly hot like some. The chips were crisp and not oily.
My friend chose the three item dinner relleno, taco, and enchilada with beans and a side salad and could have feed a family of four. The fine nut brown beer and my dinner left no room for dessert.
I will try the flan or sopapillas on my next visit. Hope you enjoy life and also this restaurant sometime!

Phoenix, AZ
“Good food for a good price”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Went in for a late meal to find the restaurant mostly empty. Food was priced reasonably, building was clean and the staff was very friendly. Food was very tasty and we were pleased with the selection. We had the hot wing appetizer, BLT sandwich, a combo plate and the halibut fish and chips.

• Visited May 2013