“abusive bald cook”

Dining options: Late Night
kenai,alaska
“abusive bald cook”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

enjoyed food and service, but the employees were being abused by the cook in charge a big fat bald guy in a white chef coat. he repeatedly screamed, name called and was mean to the servers. never going there again. don't want my kids to be subjected to that preformance ever again

alaska
“We loved Sal's!”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I cant belive the review's from the other diner's! We loved Sal's! It can be busy,, but hey isnt that a good thing! It is also a local's spot! Wich tells me they also no what's up! Great food,,nice people,, and fishing storie's are free! I thought the service was great! And the cinnamon roll I HAD was Bomb! We tell all our friends to go there! And we look forward to it everytime we go to Soldotna! It is a must try! And if the train isnt running ask the waittress to turn it on for you ! My boys just love that train!

Soldotna, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Same Ole' Same Ole'”
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I have seen Sal's change management, but it has been run by the same family for years upon years.

The food is hideous, dry, and not worth the money. They really need to up-grade it cause it's looks run down. There staff need to either be trained or retrained on how to be a proper waiter/waiteress, learn correct manners, and how to cook good food. EVERY single time my family and I have gone there we end going home with upset stomachs. It's turned into one of those places where you don't want to take your family anymore, and almost a disgrace to the community of Soldotna.

1 Thank soldotnasoldier
Port Angeles, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so great”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I hate to say this but this place is DIRTY and the food is not so great. We've eaten there on occation over the years and I have never been happy with the cleanliness, or the food.

1 Thank Cooperfam
United states
“Extremely Happy”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

So we were going through Soldotna Alaska and we stopped by Sal's. From the minute we stopped by to the minute we left we were under good help. They hostess that seated us was kind and friendly. She made our stay nice and comfortable. They menu's Were like newspapers and had great stories on the front.
The waitress was a great and had our meal exactly how we wanted it and nothing less. It was Very busy and she still had time to tent to everything that we wanted. We took one of their cinnamon rolls home and they are HUGE and delisious. Sal's is under new management and it certainly has improved from the last time we where there 10 years ago.