“Nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mykel's

Mykel's
Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Soldotna
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mykel's serves lunch and dinner in a cozy, comfortable environment. The dinner menu features Alaskan seafood and choice steaks along with chicken, pork, pasta and rack of lamb entrees all with creative sauces. We have a full spectrum of appetizers, salads, desserts and a full bar. Lunches include 1/2 pound angus beef burgers, two daily homemade soups and great sandwiches and salads.
Littleton, Colorado
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We ate here on our recent trip to the Soldotna area and the food was decent, but not great. We ordered prime rib and chicken. Both were cooked to our satisfaction, but didn't contain much flavor. I also received a burnt potato which I would have told our waitress if she would have come back to check on us. We didn't see her again until our meals were completed. She seemed very short with us and I was not impressed with her attitude. The food was also a little overpriced based on the quality and quantity of food. I don't think we will eat here in the future as we had better experiences at other locations in town.

Visited August 2013

“If this is the best in town....yikes....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Service was slower than death!! We made a reservation and were seated at 8:30 pm, didn't get so much as a drink.order taken until 8:45, didn't get our entrees until 10! And this may be partially because the waitress only came by our table every 20 or so minutes... The portions and food quality were very poor for the prices. Their "fresh veggies" with their entree was zucchini and squash...pretty sure from a bag... My daughter ordered home made Mac n cheese and it was like soup!! Literally a bowl of liquid with ziti noodles in it...sooo weird. Wasn't impressed overall with the quality of our steaks either. A lot of fat waste on them :(., overall if I had paid $75 instead of $189 for this dinner I would be rating this still so so...not great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I am staying at the hotel affiliated with this restaurant. I called to order a dessert to go. The person answering the phone told me she was too busy to tell me the chocolate desserts they have on the menu. I asked her to please name three chocolate desserts and I would choose one. She said they did not "carry out well". I repeated I was staying right above the restaurant. She named 2 desserts and I chose the chocolate brownie and asked for ice cream with it. Then she says "how long will it take you to pick it up?" I told her I would be there in less than 5 minutes. She did not thank me for my business, nothing. Just hung up the phone. I went in to pick up the dessert and no one greeted me. I stood there for a couple minutes before anyone acknowledge me. The dessert was excellent but the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arvada, CO
“This would be my second choice for dinner...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The menu and food were really good but the decor was a little worn out and shabby. The service was shorthanded even though the tables were not full. There is no ambiance at all, just decent dinner selections. If they did a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint, this would be almost great.

Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Tasty food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our first visit to Mykel's and the prime rib, fresh halibut and the rack of lamb were superb. It is pricy, but no different from other similar restaurants in Homer and Seward. Vegetables were served cold to slightly warm. Both house salad and Caesar salads were flavorful. The red wine in the specials was a 91 rated wine and definitely hit that mark. Disadvantages are restrooms in the basement.

• Visited July 2013