“3rd times the charm?”

Whittier Marine Charters
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Well, charter #1 with family 2000 and #2 with friends 2002 were all charmed. Have now booked a 5 day charter for July 2015 for 6 gr-children, the one place and boat operator that I would pick for my families "trip of a lifetime". Have traveled the world and Discovery with Capt Dean is unsurpassed.
For 5 days Capt. and crew exceeded our expectations with amazing sights, great food, and an overall wonderful experience. I have been planning to have our gr-children with us there for over a decade to experience the wonders of PWS aboard Discovery. If you are considering Alaska, don't pass on this one, even if its only for their 3 day package. Guarantee when departing you will be thinking how you can plan your return visit as we did.... 3rd time... and maybe more to come?
(ps- to post this had to select a date June 2013)

2  Thank Karl H
There are newer reviews for Whittier Marine Charters

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I did not know what to expect specially after seeing a post on trip advisor. I cannot believe anyone would have had a bad time on this trip with this crew. We had the best trip of our lives. We hiked, kayaked, and enjoyed wild life every day. Sat and ate breakfast in front of the best views of Prince Williams Sound. We felt guilty telling other cruisers how great our experience was because ours blew the others away. The best thing was everything was included if we did all these things and ate and drank this much on a larger ship it would have cost us so much more. The staff took care of our every need before we even knew we had the need. Mat's cooking was second to none. Captain Dean or Bean as one young traveler kept saying was amazing. Corey and Heather knew so much about everything we saw and took us to amazing places. I cannot imagine seeing Alaska another way. Hope someday to be able to get back again.

1  Thank Patricia H