“Highs and lows”

Don Jose
Ranked #31 of 65 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My husband enjoys Mexican food so we tend to go to quite a few Mexican restaurants. The decor was rather decorative with unique chairs and table tops. Our server was very attentive. Our $8 margaritas tasted terrible and the glass was filled with ice. My beef enchiladas were tasteless. My husband would recommend the spicy chicken taco and the chili relleno. My son ordered the spicy burrito and thought it was great. He also commented that the beans were very flavorful.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Have been coming here for 10+ years. Always had the burritos, enchiladas, tacos. Very good. Service is always on-point. They also serve Italian food ( but I have never tried).

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Food was good. We had the tacos, fajitas and pizza. Service was good as well. Would visit here again and would recommend to others.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a drive from Homer to Seward, and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. My dad had the shrimp, chicken, and steak fajitas and I had the steak fajitas. The food was fresh, seasoned perfectly, and sizzling on the skillet. Delicious rice and decent refried beans complemented the fajitas.

The service was slow at first as only one guy was working the whole very colorful and busy room. But the waiter was friendly and prompt on the water refills.

I'd go here again if I were in the area.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We sat in bar. Nice waitress and the bartender Eddie was very friendly. The best Cadillac Grande Margarita! I ordered Seafood Enchilada. Was very good! Generous on scallops!! I will def be back!!

Been to Don Jose? Share your experiences!