“Good Food”

Ranked #49 of 63 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Mexican
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is great and it is very family friendly, there also is a bar in the restaurant for couples on date night

Visited November 2013

Kenai, Alaska
“Ok food. Never good service”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

First of all. A mexican restaurant should have good chips. They dont. Not homemade at all Their salsa is ok. They have good pizza but their service is never above ok.

“So So”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have had good meals and I have had bad ones here.
The service is ok and the value isn't horrible.
So I would say role the dice.

Visited January 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We used to live in Homer and had frequented Don Jose there. This was our first time at the Soldotna restaurant. The service was slow, we had to ask twice for some guacamole and several times for some "hot" salsa, the one they gave with the chips was basically catsup. The "hot" salsa had very little spice...

My wife and I just had a couple tacos each. I had one "beef" and one chicken. Very tasteless. The beef taco was hamburger meat and the chicken was very bland. Even with guacamole, "hot" salsa and the hot chile sauce in a bottle on the table, the tacos were mediocre at best.

Sorry Jose, but you need to get up there and whip this place in to shape.

• Visited August 2013
Holden, Missouri
“Average food - disappointing service”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

While on vacation we ate dinner at this restaurant. Server seemed to be confused with our order, not understanding what we ordered. Hubby then repeated order in Spanish, but still server seemed puzzled. She delivered our beverages so awkwardly, I had to fight the urge to get up and assist her. My fajitas were served without tortillas and I had to ask twice to get them. The food was okay, but not particularly flavorful.

Visited July 2013