“Come With A Serious Sweet Tooth” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The moose is loose

The moose is loose
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Soldotna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bakery
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Come With A Serious Sweet Tooth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place is a lot of fun - the pastries are outrageous (big and overdone), and they sell all sorts of souvenirs and interesting nick-nacks. The staff is super friendly. I had a plain donut because I wasn't in the mood for anything sweet, but I tasted my boyfriends sticky bun, and OMG it was awesome! My only complaint is I couldn't get anything that WASN'T sweet (and I was in the mood for something salty that moment), but after all this is bakery, so I shouldn't have been surprised. It's worth a stop if you pass it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Nampa, Idaho, United States
“Excellent doughnuts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were treated to a mixed box of doughnuts from The Moose is Loose, they bake all of their doughnuts, no deep frying. They were very good, & very LARGE! Yummmmm!

Hickory, North Carolina
“Scratch Your Sweet Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stopped at the :The Moose is Loose Bakery" on a whim while heading back to the cabin on 8-23. Paul and I had limited out on Silver Salmon before breakfast so we had a day to look around in Soldotna. I knew when we walked in the door my waistline was in trouble. The wide selection of delectable treats was impressive. I went straight to the free sample tray where I tried a piece of everything offered. The apple fritters were the tastiest and I immediately had one. MMMM Good is all I can say about that. I puchased several more items to take back to the cabin and share. While you are there check out the "Moose On The Loose" tourist stuff. The John Moose hat is a great find if you know a John Deere collector.

Westport, TN
“best bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This bakery is a must if passing through Soldotna, AK. The apple fritters are wonderful. Fresh pastries that are awesome.

Visited August 2013
“Sweetness perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We are now regulars here, hate to say it, and don't weigh 300 lbs- but could.. Fritters are amazing and just as good for a little more $ in coopers landing at wildmans-awesome breads, champagne cake for any occasion, pumpkin muffins year round and eclairs Devine - worth a detour..and the moose only gifts are nice. Be prepared for "Grandmas" coffee- and a minute to read/look at the moose adventures on the walls.