Aspen Hotel Soldotna
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
$71
$69
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$99
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$99
Aspen Extended Stay Suites(Kenai)(Great Value!)
$89
$71
$139
$129
QualityInn
All reviewspool and hot tubfront deskfirst floormake your own wafflesriver walkfree breakfastdecent hotelhousekeeping staffclean hotelkenai riveryogurtgreat central locationbasic roomnight's sleepking bedbeds were comfortablespent one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our 2nd visit to hotel. Stayed with husband and friends for 2 nights. In Soldotna to fish. Room very clean with everything needed. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great view of river behind hotel. Would stay a 3rd time.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The town of Soldotna was only on our itinerary because of a flight seeing arrangement. The Aspen Hotel was a wonderful stop for the night as it was quiet, clean and comfortable. We had a nice kitchenette area and good internet. We didn't try the swimming pool, but it is one of the few indoor pools we saw on the entire trip. If you are going to be in Soldotona, we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RAF077
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was a clean, basic hotel with an indoor pool, exercise room and laundry room. The rear overlooks a river walk with a boardwalk. The front is set back from the road, but you can see the McDonalds, etc. Shops are convenient in the area. Very close (by car) is a great restaurant, St. Elias Brewery that offers different large salads and pizza.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear side.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Overall, I thought this Aspen Hotel in Soldotna is the best place to stay if you want to stay along the Sterling Highway area. My room was clean, sheets fresh and it was large enough. Bath was clean and they provided free internet. There was only one ice machine on the first floor but I could live with that and their continental breakfast was quite nice. Waffles always make the best breakfast. The desk staff were pretty nice although easily distracted. The hotel is located close to the Kenai River and Soldotna's Fish Walk boardwalk so that is very nice. My only real complaint was that while it got pretty cold that night, I was burning up because for some reason, my thermostat malfunction. Yep, it was about 36 degrees out there but I was sleeping without covers. I could have call the front desk but I was too tired to move again and it was only for one night. This hotel appears NOT to have air conditioning which is pretty bad when summer comes around the corner since it will be a sweat lodge. Alaska summers are very short but very warm. Maybe they got central air and I don't about it. You may have to ask them if you are interested in staying there during the "warm" months.

My room came with a kitchen bar although no stove but it did have a microwave and refrig that made things nice. Is it me or are the elevators in these places getting smaller??

But outside the broken thermostat, I enjoyed my visit here. During the winter months, I would recommend this place, during the summer months...I am not sure...at least until I find out if it got central air conditioning!!

Room Tip: Second floor please!!
Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SirHoot
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This is the second time I have stayd here and am still upset about the rooms. There is blood on our shower curtain. Smudged fingerprints on the walls. the room was REALLY cold two nights In a row. To top erverything off our neighbors hace jacuzzs that are filled emptied filled emptied all night! So even if the bed was comfortable we still couldn't sleep. This place is loud and filthy and the heat does not work in the rooms. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011