“Terrible Outfitter for hunting!”
Review of High Adventure Air

High Adventure Air
Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Outfitter for hunting!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hunters beware! I was on a guided moose hunt with High Adventure Air,terrible hunt,the outfitters made no effort to find moose! Make sure you get their references of the 2013 hunters and check it out!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dan K
FlyFishLady, Manager at High Adventure Air, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
I am surprised to see this review as I know that the pilots spend weeks scouting for locations to place our hunters; guided or non-guided. We only offer up 1-2 guided trips a season for not wanting to overhunt our area's. We also want to be able to have the time it takes to offer a
quality hunt. We offer 2-3 camps at most for the non-guided each season. It's a fact that moose can be in one location today and in another the next day. So perhaps when the pilot located the area for you upon a sighting that it moved. It's hunting and not all hunters are successful.
My guides are qualified registered guides and assistants that we feel are capable of doing the job.
Our success rate reflects that.
I am sorry that you didn't bag your moose and hope that your not discouraged from hunting Alaska. We have some great hunting here and if you're one of the ones who is a success, we are all the more happier for you.
Susan

POWHATAN, vIRGINIA
“Low Water”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our trip was a great sightseeing trip, but an awful fishing trip. 2012, seemed to be a low melt year. no water no salmon. Not mentioned by high Adventure prior to departure. Have used High Adv 3 or 4 times in the past. Will check elsewhere in 2014.

1 Thank JEA1957
Portland, Oregon
“Something not to miss”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was a wonderful day trip that my son and I took while fishing this July (2013). It was not part of the fishing package when we initially purchased our trip through Drifters Landing Charters.
Gary was our pilot (Thanks for the great flight! We loved the "fly over" above the glacier!).
Derek was our fishing guide, whose easy going personality and dedication to keeping us all rigged up (and untangled) was a full time job! You'll want to request him! He got our entire boat our limit of Sockeye, and close up opportunities to see 2 black bear and 1 brown bear. As luck would have it, my introverted son and myself, shared our boat with 4 tough "Biker gals", who ended up being the life of the party and certainly a highlight to our trip!
We would HIGHLY recommend this adventure!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bob r
New Boston, New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best Fishing Day of our Lives!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

On August 20th, our group of four Old Guys booked a Fly-Out with High Adventure Air Service of Soldotna to fish for Silver salmon. I was a little nervous as friends did poorly on a July fly-out for Sockeyes with another flight service. Boy oh Boy, my nervousness was quickly turned to "Fishing Joy" by Guide Austin with thanks to Pilot Gary.

The 6:00am flight in with Gary to the Big River Lake area on an overcast morning was comfortable and smooth. Guide Austin boated us quickly to the South Fork with a nice look at a Brown Bear on the way. Once set up in the river by Austin, the skies slowly cleared and the sun came out. Austin did a fantastic job of positioning us to cast (strictly fly rods) and should have been exhausted by Noon from helping us release fish. In addition to over 100 very fresh fat Silvers landed by the four of us, I was lucky enough to also land a nice Whitefish, my first ever. With the four of us exhausted with wide smiles by early afternoon, Austin boated us to a falls area where he did a nice job of filleting our 4 limits of Silvers. We met Gary with about 5 minutes to spare about 1:00pm and he proceeded to give us a super flight tour of a large glacier on our ride back home.

I think the most appropriate comment came from my son-in-law, Ken, who is the USFWS Coordinator of a big New England river watershed and a very seasoned fly fisherman. Ken phoned wife Kim as soon as we got back to our cabin and said "I just had the Best Day of my life ... ooops, right after our wedding and births of the kids". What more can be said about our day, thanks to Gary and Austin and the whole support gang of High Adventures ...

I just checked a brochure picked up in the office and see that they offer some very good looking fishing & hunting packages. Rest assured that High Adventure Air will see us again in 2015, if not 2014 to fly and fish again with the whole great gang.

1 Thank Piscataquog
Spicer, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A highlight of our Alaskan Trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our group of 2 extended families was 13 people so we took 3 planes and 3 boats. We fished on August 4, 2013. Our group had several experienced fisherman but also a 16 year old who had never caught a fish, my 76 year old mom and 10 year old daughter. We fished Big River Lake. All had a great time and we appreciated how well we were treated by the guides and pilots. All were patient and supportive of our group members. We caught 31 Silvers (39 would have been the max) so action was pretty good. Saw 5 black bears wandering the shore and a bull moose from the air and also a black bear running in the water with its fish in its mouth from the air. No brown bears, which was a disappointment. Pilot flew us near a glacier on our return trip. Guides gave hip boots to those who didn't have rain pants as the day started out damp. Overall a great day and very professional organization.

1 Thank Gregg_Karen