“Trip of a life time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Bob's Cabin & Guide Service
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our church gave us the privilege of visiting Alaska to fish and sight see as a 25th anniversary gift. My wife did all the trip research and settled on Bob's after a great deal of reading and study. We found every aspect of our time with Bob and his staff to be FIRST CLASS. Bob is an exceptional steward of nature and pays attention to the ethics of his profession. If more people had Bob's committment to care for the natural resources of Alaska, the fishing and hunting would not see a decline. Bob is also a good judge of human nature and his staff reflect his ability to build and motivate a great support team. The guides he sent us with were top notch at their specific skill sets. The room service and food was great. We would not hesitate to book another trip with Bob if we were able to do so.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2012

A friend booked the trip through Bob after looking at many possible lodging/guide combinations. We booked the Soldotna Riverfront Cabin. I liked what I saw on the website, but held off on judgement until we arrived as the product isn't always as pictured from web photos. The cabin was even better than pictured, and very comfortable for 5 guys. It exceeded all of our expectations. Bob is an excellent host, and went above and beyond to stay in touch every day, ask how our fishing experience was, and let us know details for the next day's outing. It was obvious that the entire staff at Bob's was well organized, and truly cared about making sure we enjoyed our stay and felt at home. This was my first Alaska trip, but it will not be the last and I would rebook at Bob's without hesitation. Great Trip!

Room Tip: The riverfront cabins in Soldotna offer a great opportunity to use Bob's service, but have a mor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Granted I'll only turn 50 once but with a chance to fish in Alaska was a great opportunity to spend with friends. I researched the websites and asked people I met about where to go and the Kenai was a prime spot. Where to stay was a difficult decision because what you see isn't always what you get. I placed an inquiry to Bobs Cabin and Bob himself called me back and worked with me to get the trip that I wanted. He did not let us down. The cabins were better than pictured or expected. Every effort to make the trip better was done, including last minute arrangements for a flyout trip earlier than normal for an unforgetable day fishing and site-seeing from the air. He packaged our fish in boxes (8) that were weighted at the airport as 49.5 to 49.8
and the all arrived home in perfect condition(frozen solid) Bob and Cathy truely want and work for you to have the best trip possible and they delivered!

Room Tip: Riverside cabins require a trip back to the main lodge for fish processing daily about 15- 20 minute...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is a mini-reveiw pre-trip. I have been planning a vacation for our family of seven to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Alaska is their dream destination so I was making myself crazy researching and planning trying to find the location that would allow my Dad to fish his heart out and my Mom to sight-see until she couldn't stand it any longer. It was very difficult to find a location large enough for the 7 of us at an affordable rate. From the very moment I found Bob Standish, I have felt at ease and comfortable. He has taken all my fears away and has talked me through several questions both through e-mail and phone calls. He understands my desire to have this once-in-a-lifetime trip be the biggetst bang for my buck and has offered suggestions and options that no-one else wanted to take the time to do. SO FAR HE IS WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY! More reveiw to come after our trip in July 2012. Looking forward to meeting Bob and having the trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My business partner and I have gone to Bob's Cabins every year for six years. We intended to go just once for the great salmon fishing and exquisite views, but we were so impressed on many levels with not only Alaska, but with Bob's Cabins, too, that we continue to go back. We have always stayed at Bob's main lodge area, except last year we stayed at one of his Soldotna Riverfront Cabins since we had a larger group. I have found both the main lodge and the cabins to be very comfortable, with excellent accommodations. The cabins are located in a serene area where you can relax after fishing, enjoy the sounds of the Kenai River, and watch the seagulls and eagles soar.
Bob's guiding is exceptional. He is knowledgable on fishing and works very hard to try to make sure everyone gets their fish. He is eager to help on technique as well. Also, if you desire fishing excursions elsewhere on the peninsula (such as fly-ins, halibut fishing and multi-species fishing in Seward), he will find good guides for you and your party.
Bob and his employees are very hardworking and strive to give you an excellent fishing experience in Alaska. They are so successful that you are sure to want to return!
Brian S.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The fishing with Bob has always been spectacular either on the Kenai River or surrounding rivers. The sevice is first class and the facilities top of the line. Several of us have been back year after year. Wether fishing at Seward for multispecies, a flyover for Silvers or a float trip on the Kasilof or the Kenai it can all be done in one trip at Bob's Cabin. We are looking forward to doing it again in 2012. With the varity of accomadations you can be very comfortable, as well as having some fantastic fishing! Bob is definitely a "10.5"

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed for six days in early Sept. 2011 at Bob's Cabin. Bob had our time scheduled according to what we wanted to do: guided silver salmon fishing on the Kenai river, guided river fishing on a fly out to Crescent Lake, halibut fishing on a charter out of Homer, Alaska. We stayed at the main log cabin which we found very comfortable. No problems sleeping after an early fishing day! The breakfast and lunch were awesome too. We would recommend Bob's Cabin for both the novice and experienced fisherman. Incredible experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple