Kenai Riverfront Resort, Inc.
$189
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$209
Southern Bluff Bed & Breakfast(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$165
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
$149
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$165
$155
$250
TripAdvisor
Escape For Two(Soldotna)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssnack shopsmoked salmonthe riverwelcome bagvolleyball gamesfamily runsalmon fishinghost familyclean showerour entire tripnew friendsgreat fishingtwo sonsweek vacationstayed here for nightsfire pitside trips
Reviewed March 9, 2015

Our family has been going to Alaska for almost ten years now. We love to fish the Kenai.
We have stayed at different hotels and homes in our past, but this resort has it all!!

We love Jim , Cindy and the kids. They are so nice. This location on the river is ideal, great fishing on the shore and they have a boat launch too.
We have stayed here the last four years because we are the happiest here.
We have a fifth wheel and the location to the river is 20 feet away. They have a nice fish cleaning table and outdoor fire pit, where we have actually cooked a pot roast in a Dutch oven on it, mmm. They have a vey clean bathroom and shower for guests to use, on site.
Their son's CJ and TJ are the most polite and friendly kids we have met, we love em!!

I cant imagine staying anywhere else!!

A note to Jason M, who has also reviewed:

I was there when you visited. I was the first to see your children within inches of the water on the boat launch. (Being the safe Dad you think you are, Think Again, You Are Not)
After I noticed your kids by the water, I saw a woman by the fire pit. I thought she was your wife. She stated that she was just your friend. I told her about the kids being down by the river without life jackets. Her response was "they are not my kids". Well, they are not my kids either. so a stranger is more concerned about your children???
I was the one that went to tell Cindy about your children being at the river's edge , because I was so worried about Your children. You hear stories every year on how many people have died on that river. It is very cold and very fast. Cindy was only looking out for your kids too!!
The fact is, that you have misrepresented this story, shows how untruthful of a person you really are.

Room Tip: Wonderful river view and location!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Maria S
Reviewed February 21, 2015

You would think for 300+ a night you'd have a nice cabin....think again. remodeled garage stall. No ventilation options. Owners weren't even around. They did have WIFI, big deal. I've told all everyone going to area to stay clear. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 1973novass
KenaiRiverfront, Owner at Kenai Riverfront Resort, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2015

Unbelievable! Seven months after their stay this customer writes a negative review after having never raised any concern during their stay or after. While we were away due to a family emergency during their stay, this guest was certainly not neglected. With our campground hosts greeting them and available to assist or answer any questions, and our young adult daughter and teenage boys on-site 24 hours a day to respond to any requests or needs, we're shocked that they weren't happy with their stay in our spacious and comfortable Riverfront Suite--which by the way is NOT a converted garage (never was) and not only has good ventilation (bathroom fan and two opening windows-not sure what the issue was there) but it also has a spectacular view of the river less than 50 yards away. Another fact to correct in their ambiguous review--they paid a grand total of $1,400 for their 5 night stay, not $300+ per night as they wrote, AND they had the ENTIRE resort (2 acres) to themselves for their entire stay. No competition for fishing, campfire, sauna, or other camp facilities. Not sure what they were looking for, but truly sad they weren't satisfied. Happy Campers are our #1 goal--but you can't please everyone all the time--something we've learned after nearly 15 years of hosting happy campers from all around the world.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Thanks you Jim and Cindy for a wonderful experience. The eleven members of our family had such a wonderful time being with you and your family. This was our first time with motor homes and y'all made it so easy. The four days with you were so special for my five grandchildren. They all caught sockeye salmon and now my daughter in law has the fishing bug. Our grandchildren so enjoyed your twin sons. CJ was fantastic, cleaning fish and helping out. We loved the camping atmosphere, the campfires each day.
cooking salmon on the fire. The facilities were perfect, we were not disappointed. Having a private fishing spot for all the family was perfect. We only wish now that we had been able to stay longer. Hopefully next time.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank W
KenaiRiverfront, Owner at Kenai Riverfront Resort, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2015

Thanks Frank & Family,

From the moment you arrived we knew your family would be a great addition to summer camp 2014! Everyone was so excited to be here and every fish caught was a precious new memory. We can't thank you enough for the positive energy and happycamperness you brought to Kenai Riverfront Resort...right down to the last song sung by campfire together! Please come back again someday :)
All the best,
Jim, Cindy & Kids

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

After our check for $128 for just one-night's stay went through before we even arrived, I expected and was looking forward to superb kid-friendly service for my four kids. Upon arriving, we learned that Cindy had forgotten we were even coming (and this was after speaking with her on the phone three nights previously). Fortunately, management had not given away our RV spot. Cindy and her husband seemed very nice; they smiled and shook our hands. After I decided to put their forgetfulness behind us, I asked and Cindy promised that she would look into the possibility of a late check-out the next day so that we could take advantage of fishing at her resort. After settling in and getting hooked up, my wife and kids accompanied me down to the beach for some dipnetting where I had some good success. We came back to Cindy's RV park and I began to clean the seven fish I had caught (on the cleaning table which I was told, 'you are free to use anytime'). Well, poor communication I guess but Cindy did not seem happy that I was cleaning fish: she did not say it, but I think she had meant she only wanted fish cleaned that we caught at her resort. Silly me for supposing that $128 for one night's stay might cover the cost of using her cleaning table! That night around 9:00 after a long day, my one year old understandably cried loudly for about 15 minutes before he fell asleep. Well here comes Cindy's husband running out to see if everything was OK (and he did not look happy). I suppose he was worried we might disturb the wealthy retired couples that were staying in the main house. To be honest, I think maybe he had forgotten what 'kid friendly' means. While fishing the next day before it was time to check out and leave, I had some more success and caught a rainbow on a fly at the RV resort. My boys were playing behind me, away from the bank (being the safe Dad I think I usually am, I was making sure my boys were on the lawn, well away from the swift current). Cindy rages out onto the bank, telling me, 'Your kids MUST have life jackets on!' I calmly explained to her that, yes, my daughter who is fishing on the bank with me does indeed have a life jacket on; my boys who are not even near the bank are not wearing life jackets because they are not in any danger. She was not happy with my explanation, telling me that they had some scares with other kids previously. I said that I understood, and that if my boys went anywhere near the bank, I would put life jackets on them. At this point, I just wanted to leave Cindy's place. I did not care about a late check-out. Cindy had forgotten to let us know if we could leave late anyway; I hooked up our RV and we left. On the way home, my wife and I agreed that Cindy and her husband seemed more concerned about pleasing the wealthy clientele at the resort - and with CYA legal stuff such as waivers and life jackets - than with treating us with respect. I won't ever drop $128 for one night's stay at her resort in the future. I recommend you don't waste your money at Cindy's place either.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jason M

Most disappointing 1 night guests ever! For nearly 15 years we've made EXTRA efforts to not only WELCOME guests traveling with kids, but do all we can to ensure they have a good, safe camping and fishing experience--often going above and beyond to help teach first time kids how to fish salmon, fillet fish, offer them use of camp toys, bikes, etc. or just sing together by the campfire and make S'mores. This family was different. The main couple and an extra adult woman (sister?) all seemed grumpy from the start like there was some family drama going on. They had several (4) very young children and they had mentioned this was their first time pulling a rented camper and staying in an RV Park (perhaps adding to their stress) so I made extra efforts to help them park and get set up--even backing their rig in for them. We had their site reserved--we never "forgot" they were coming. It's tough to really relax when you only stay someplace for one night, but we are always as flexible as possible with late check outs as long as it doesn't negatively impact another guest. As for the "life jacket" incident. We have a clear camp policy that every child that is on the shore must have a life jacket on if they are 13 or under. The only reason we went to check on them was because another guest came and alerted us that one of the young children around age 5 was on the floating dock unattended and didn't have a life jacket on. When that guest tried to alert one of the women in the party that the child was on the dock she simply said "It's not my child." Meanwhile, the young boy was clearly unsupervised, down river from his father, who was watching 2 other kids and wouldn't have been able to save the boy if he fell in. We were only trying to help in response to another guest's clear concern. Kids (and adults) drown in this 80 mile swift flowing river nearly every year and we've had a perfect safety record on our shore that we don't want to break. Had this guest been brave enough to raise any of their accusatory concerns to us in person we would have done anything possible to ensure they had a good camping experience--including fully refunding them--but clearly they had other things going on that were beyond our control.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

After requesting a "FULL HOOK-UP SITE" in writing February 2013, and after paying $3,515 in advance for a two-month stay, we arrived only to see that there was electric only (that’s right -- approx. $58/night for electric only!). Who in the world would stay 2 months to go fishing and clamming, can & smoke fish, etc., where there aren't full hook-ups? On top of this, we were lied to by the owner. We finally received a 90% refund and found the most wonderful RV park for our stay. After all of their shenanigans, this place is lucky we didn't take them to court for the remaining 10%. Be sure to ask the right questions, clarify every possible concern and get EVERYTHING in writing before you pay these people a dime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Fishtopkat
KenaiRiverfront, Owner at Kenai Riverfront Resort, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

This is the first & only negative review we've received from a guest in 11 years of operation, please don't believe it for a second! This guest booked an RV site very quickly and simply didn't listen to exactly what we offered in terms of electric, water & septic with our RV campsites. We have never had septic on-site for RVs due to our riverfront location and we wouldn't mislead a guest in that regard, ever, it would be of no benefit to do so. We want happy guests, not guests showing up angry, and we sincerely strive to go above and beyond to communicate clearly with our guests during the reservation process. We have no idea why they would write such a negative review months later when we accommodated their last minute change of heart on arrival by refunding them above & beyond our normal cancellation policy. Sad to see the Internet used as a malicious tool like this.