“Outstanding Guide Service”

Rod 'N Real Kenai Riverfront Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Rod 'N Real Kenai Riverfront Cabins
Oakley, California, USA
“Outstanding Guide Service”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have tried other charter services in Alaska but Rod N Real has the best deal going and has an array of the most awesome guides you could ever hope for. We stayed in one of their Kenai Riverfront cabins. I say riverfront because you are literally 20 seconds away from the bank of the Kenai River. In addition to the amazing chartered Halibut, Salmon, Ling and Rock fishing, they set us up with a float plane fly-out trip that was beyond belief. There were Aerial views of glaciers and wildlife before landing in a remote lake for more amazing fishing.

The chartered trips were awesome but it was even great to relax in the evening along the bank of the Kenai just to take it all in. We'd flick a line out in the water and catch a salmon to take back to the cabin for dinner. If you like fresh fish (and who doesn't) you just can't beat it.

Oh yeah! The cabins... The cabins are appointed with full kitchens, two bedrooms, living room with TV, dining area, full bathroom, decks, and a BBQ grill. However I'm betting you still spend most of your time as I did (either along the Kenai River or out sightseeing). I understand it is not uncommon to see wildlife roam through. As I sat on my deck one evening I could look off into the woods and see a couple of moose dining on the local vegetation.

Thanks to the packages they offer, we even ended up having our fish processed for us (filleted, vacuum sealed, and frozen). When we were ready to head home, out fish was delivered to us in taped and nylon strapped boxes that we were able to take a checked luggage. When I got the fish home, some 12 hours later, it was still ROCK SOLID.

I had such a great time that I could go on and on but check them out for yourself.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank seeking_getaways

Solo
Business
Yuba City, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Best fishing deal in Alaska. Fished in 2009, 2010 & will be going August 2011. If there is an issue, Rod & Randy go out of their way to make it right. Our entire group of 4 consists of retired game wardens & police officers, so you know we like to gripe! But no gripes here. This outfit is top notch.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank chp11996
Scottsdale
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Warning, they slam credit cards on their clients, if you have been there I would check your statement, because they did this to me. They ran my credit card for fishing 4 times on two different cards making the claim at the time 'these cards aren't working'. All of the charges went through and I've been trying to deal with my credit card company and them for over 3 months to get this mess resolved. I called many times to attempt to resolve this issue but they don't pick up their business phone. So, I 'baited' Gloria to call me back by leaving a message that I wanted to go fishing, she finally called me back and then acted like she knew nothing of the issue and lied to me about making a chargeback claim on my credit card.

Scamming aside, the cabin you stay in wobbles, it's not the prettiest area to stay in. Alaska is beautiful beyond belief, you can stay in much nicer areas for a better price. The salmon fishing on the Kenai right now frankly stinks. I got 3 bites in 4 days of fishing. There are plenty of options for fishing in the area, stay away from this outfit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple