“Special place! Wish we had stayed longer.”
Review of Escape For Two

Escape For Two
Ranked #2 of 12 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Special place! Wish we had stayed longer.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My fiance and I stayed for 3 nights in the Dragon Fly cabin in August 2012. The cabin is positioned in such a way as to provide privacy and a nice view from the porch and it's 2 person jacuzzi ( which came in handy after fly fishing). We used the grill each night to prepare dinner and were surprised and pleased with how well stocked the kitchenette was ( grilling tools, pot holders, seasonings, oil, pots, pans, foil, plastic wrap). We would eat dinner on the porch and enjoy the calm and peace. Loni is a terrific cook and we really enjoyed the homemade breakfast items and the beautiful fresh fruit. She has a special knack for providing an environment that inspires romance and togetherness. The bed was very comfy and the linens were all clean, fresh and nice to the touch. The cabin was clean and smelled fresh. We didn't spend much time in the gazeebo, as we were too busy enjoying the cabin and front porch, but it is a picturesque spot out over the pond. If we had known how nice this B&B was, we would have planned our Alaska trip to stay here longer. I can promise the next trip to Alaska will include more time at Escape for two. To be honest, we booked here based soley on the reviews from trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Couple of notes... The drive off the main highway may seem a little long or that you might be lost, don't worry. If you never thought fishing and romance could go together, try planning a couples fishing trip on the Kenai and staying here.
You will not be disappointed with Escape for two!

Room Tip: Either cabin would be great. Dragon fly cabin looks out over a hillside covered with trees, the oth...
1 Thank anovelfan

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband & I came here Oct 2013 for our honeymoon! It has been incredible! Loni & Bruce provide above & beyond all our needs- breakfast, firewood, clean linens, & everything is e tea clean & comfortable! Her provided breakfasts are delicious! I highly recommend staying here! We stayed at another place in Talkeetna one night during our stay & it was horrible compared to Escape for Two! Loni knows how to spoil her guest! We have loved it!
Jen
From Mount Pleasant, SC

Room Tip: Sorry didn't mean to click fitness center or pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
League City, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived at Escape for Two August 24, 2013. We stayed in the Moose Cabin (for a week) and really did see a mama moose and her two babies. We never ate breakfast out. The fridge was stocked with breakfast items. The fresh fruit was great (even tho Loni thought we didn't eat enough)! The muffins and granola were great. It was great to have a place to come back to that was so quiet and peaceful. If you have any difficulties going up stairs stay in the Dragonfly Cabin as the Moose Cabin sleeping area is upstairs. We didn't have a problem with it, in fact, I liked it because I like to get up early and have my coffee, read, go out on the deck.....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at dragonfly and I can't say enough good things about the cabin and the hostess. Pretty much I agree with everyone who has already reviewed. I would like to add that they have a gazeebo on the lake for our use and we had a fire one evening in the fireplace on the gazeebo. Everything we needed was there wood, kindling, matches... No matter what we needed it was there. They even had binoculars in the cabin. The one negative was that the refrigerator was not working very well and would not keep things very cold. I think it just needed defrosting and it was not a big deal to us.

Room Tip: Welcoming and friendly hosts and a beautiful setting.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had the incredible experience of staying at the Dragonfly Cabin during our recent trip through Alaska. Truly, this Bed and Breakfast is an "escape" - we had no interest in leaving the cabin as it was simply beautiful!

Loni is a wonderful hostess and from the time we met her to the moment we had to (unfortunately) leave to continue our trip, we were well taken care of. She has truly developed a property that welcomes guests. Additionally, she provides an unending supply of breakfast options which are changed daily and are always fresh.

The Dragonfly Cabin has a king size bed with luxurious bedding - oh, how well we slept! The bathroom is complete with heated floor tile and a warming rack for towels. The kitchen is amply stocked with dishes and cookware. An outdoor grill is supplied along with two bikes should guests choose to ride.

Our weather was unfortunately a "tad wet", however it enabled us to completely relax and enjoy the moments spent on property. Truly this is a place we will remember and hope to return to again.

Israel
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed in the Moose cabin for two two nights and our friends were in the Dragonfly cabin. Before I booked the cabins, when I read all the reviews about the place I could not believe all the rave reviews. Now that I have been there I understand why. This place is terrific. The Galloways (the hosts) have put so much effort in to every little thing that there is in each cabin. It's as if someone went around and wrote down what pleased them in all the hotels that they had stayed in (shampoos and toiletries, towel warming racks, extra towels, food in the fridge, books, games, bicycles, BBQ, etc etc.) and then put all those things in their rooms. It should be opened to the public to see hotel hosting at its best. Remember this is a cabin on a remote lake and was not built as a luxury hotel. The room(s) are big enough but not expansive, and every bit of space is used wisely. I would most definitely recommend that any one in this neck of the woods stay for night or two with the Galloways. You won't regret it.

Austin
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Loni was a great hostess...we stayed in the Dragonfly cabin for 3 nights in August. This was the most enjoyable accommodations (out of 6 different stays )of our entire 2 week trip to Alaska. Not only was the room comfortable (the bathroom had a heated floor !), and the deck and surroundings beautiful, Loni brought us fresh fruit and home made pastries that were delicious, and the fridge was stocked with all sorts of goodies...I cooked breakfast each morning from supplies in it ! After a long day of fishing on a cold river, the private hot tub on our deck made me feel like I was in heaven. If we had to plan our trip again, we would stay longer than 3 days and just venture out on day trips from this location...what a treat! Thanks Loni and Bruce ! Jerry and Cathie Anderson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
Kenai River Lodge
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
A Cabin by the Pond
A Cabin by the Pond
#12 of 44 in Soldotna

Been to Escape For Two? Share your experiences!