“Descent pub, good beer, fair food”

Buckets Sports Grill
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Beer was good, sports TVs were good, but the food was just okay. Wait staff was descent, but had too many tables for each one of them, and could get a bit strung out.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were looking for a meal and went in to the first place we saw in Soldotna. The food was okay bar food, but the place was short on cleanliness. We didn't see the actual puddle of beer under the table til we were leaving. Oh well. Restroom not passable.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here for dinner and had the Halibut. Some of the others had chicken wings. Did you ever eat somewhere and totally regret eating there? We did. We spent the next 12 hours lined up at the bathroom door. YUK!

2  Thank Bayboy56
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'll start by saying you can't please everyones pallet, but Buckets has the menu to try. I read a few reviews that said the food and service was horrible and I initially wasn't going to try it. I'm glad I did! We went there twice in a few days on a recommendation from one of the guides and both times the service was excellent and the food was good. Pretty damn good for a sports bar in small town I must say. I tried a caribou burger and a Philly sandwich when I was there and both were great! Another good thing is a tuner at the table that allows you to listen to whatever T.V you want to. I would highly recommend Buckets unless you have stuck up taste buds, more room for me.

1  Thank Yellowstone75
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is definitely a sports bar type atmosphere with several TV's going at one time in a small setting. The food is good but it was hard to carry on a conversation