“"Great beers and wine and excellent pizza"”

St. Elias Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At St. Elias Brewing Company, we believe in handcrafting innovative, high quality, world class beers. Our beers match the personality of our business, fun and lively, yet historic and eclectic. Brewing on a 7 barrel brewhouse, we promise our product will arrive fresh in your glass, as beer was intended. Why should your beer travel across the country to your glass, when you can get one fresh from across the room?
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Local friends brought us to St. Elias during our visit to Soldotna to have a couple beers and some wine and talk. We were recommended the pizza so of course had to order some. My wife and I ordered the "Half and Half" pizza where her half was Mediterranean and my half was BBQ chicken. The pizza is oven baked and it was delicious! The atmosphere was very nice for entertaining friends but it could also be a nice place to bring the family as well.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We decided to try this place because we wanted to taste some Alaskan micro brews and we were not disappointed. Although the menu is rather boring (mostly pizza) the beer and service were great. The atmosphere is a toss up. We were there on a Saturday evening and it was dead, then again on a Tuesday and it was packed wall to wall. Either way the staff was very professional and knew their stuff about each beer. I had read mixed reviews about this place, so it made me anxious to try but apprehensive as well. I just wish they would've had more of a menu selection. Sometimes a simple menu is good, but sometimes it makes you think twice about coming back or not. We would go back, but probably just to fill up growlers to take back to the lodge. I would recommend this place for pizza lovers because the pizza was good, but other than that the beer and service is the star.

1  Thank Yellowstone75
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Not being a drinker of alcohol, I was unsure about going to the St Elias Brewing Company however they have a great choice of pizzas and salads and the homemade root beer and cream soda was very good.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

When I moved out of Amish Country, Ohio, I thought I would never drink homemade root beer that good ever again. Nope!!! St. Elias definitely makes it!! If you hated those stupid root beer popsicles, then you haven't had root beer! They also make a great cream soda.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

and pizza. The salad was OK but the pizza was pretty good. Lots of choices of beer. Service was good. Always busy after 7 so figured out to get there early.